Question Low fps on high end pc (in almost every game) ?

iguwo

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
hi, so i have an
rtx 3060 ti and an i7 10700
the usage are both around 40-50% ingame and on task manager the cpu usage is between 28-38%

I tried following a lot of the up to date guides that helped other people that i know but it didnt do anything for me
on lowest possible settings and highest settings i get the same amount of fps in games like valorant and league of legends
valorant is my main game that i play daily, my peak fps in an actual game is only at 220 fps and depending on the situation it can drop as low as to 60fps for a second.

its usually stable between 140-200 fps which is to my liking way too low for my pc specs and a 240hz monitor
a friend of mine has a way worse pc and gets 300-400 fps stable on low settings, i just cant seem to figure out why my fps is always so low, really would like some help on this asap as this is driving me crazy

Due to the unstable fps, the input lag and experience feels unstable as well which really interrupts my gameplay at points as well.

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to state your build complete specs since a build is comprised of more than just a processor and a GPU. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your GPU, did you try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, to followup with a manually reinstallation of your GPU driver with the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site? Are there other titles exhibiting the issue?

iguwo

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
You're advised to state your build complete specs since a build is comprised of more than just a processor and a GPU. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your GPU, did you try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, to followup with a manually reinstallation of your GPU driver with the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site? Are there other titles exhibiting the issue?

The pc is only about a year old but this problem has been there since the start, every game that i played has been underperforming, for example league of legends which i only get up to 140 fps on medium settings, my old 7 year old computer with way worse components reached the same amount of fps even, fps is not locked, somtimes if im lucky it spikes higher with a 30-40 fps

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700 @ 2.90GHz, Comet Lake 14nm Technology
Motherboard: ASrock B460M Pro4
Ram: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (19-19-19-43)
SSD/HDD: 476GB TEAM TM8PS7512G (SATA (SSD))
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (NVIDIA)
PSU: I don't remember what it was but last time i checked it my brother told me that the power supply wouldnt be the problem since its quite decent
Chassis: ScreenON (Unknown what model it is)
Monitor:LG 27GN750 Ultragear 240Hz

link to where i bought it https://www.bol.com/be/nl/p/screeno...-ti-gamepc-x52184-wifi/9300000005017238/?s2a=

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I think it's time for benchmarking. Need some solid data; everything's kind of a rough, back-of-the-envelope estimate in mystery games.

The PSU isn't likely causing a problem, but it's absolutely shocking to see a cheaply made entry-level EVGA PSU paired with an expensive 30 series GPU. It's like buying a Porsche and then filling it up with whatever was in the rusty gas can in the back of your garage. And when safety corners are cut in one place, it makes me wonder what other corners were cut.

iguwo

Prominent
Dec 23, 2020
I think it's time for benchmarking. Need some solid data; everything's kind of a rough, back-of-the-envelope estimate in mystery games.

The PSU isn't likely causing a problem, but it's absolutely shocking to see a cheaply made entry-level EVGA PSU paired with an expensive 30 series GPU. It's like buying a Porsche and then filling it up with whatever was in the rusty gas can in the back of your garage. And when safety corners are cut in one place, it makes me wonder what other corners were cut.
where do i take the benchmark test? like which program is best for this

KyaraM

Admirable
What resolution are you playing on, and which your friend? that can make quite a difference. Also
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (NVIDIA)
The 4095MB (4GB) irritate me. Is that supposed to be the VRAM? If yes, there are at least 4GB missing there. Where did you find that info? What manufacturer is it from?

'Sigh...' I keep seeing these posts about low usage but people are getting +300fps.

A CPU can only manage so many frames at a time that need to be put in order and sent over to the GPU. Also you are rendering so many frames that one third of them is being thrown away which can also introduce a lot of tearing and stuttering/hitching. What's the point of rendering +200fps if you only have a monitor that can do 60, 120 or 144hz... Just cap one frame down from your max framerate and put vysnc on. It will stop the tearing and if you cap one frame below it stops the sluggishness when it reaches the cap.

If you have Gsync u need vysnc enabled to use it.

Throw a proper graphics intense game at ur pc and you will see 90-100% GPU usage and most like CPU around 40-50%. Valorant and League of Legends are not demanding games at all and I'm not surprised if ur only getting 20% usage around about.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM