Low Fps Problem

Uwotm80

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Recently, I have been experience low fps in all games and some occasional stuttering. Could a fragmented disk cause this problem? If there are any other issues that could cause low fps, please reply. Thanks.

Solution
Fragmented disks will likely cause stutters, but hardly a constant low FPS situation.
Still, if it's an HDD, it's worth checking (SSDs do not suffer from fragmentation).

High spec games on old hardware, high temperatures due to dirt and dust, HDD getting full, viruses, other processes hogging memory, imminent hardware failures...
The list goes on about possible causes.

Start by stating your hardware configuration, and use a monitoring tool to check CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming (I'd recommend CoreTemp for the CPU, and GPU-Z for the GPU)

Vynavill

Honorable
Fragmented disks will likely cause stutters, but hardly a constant low FPS situation.
Still, if it's an HDD, it's worth checking (SSDs do not suffer from fragmentation).

High spec games on old hardware, high temperatures due to dirt and dust, HDD getting full, viruses, other processes hogging memory, imminent hardware failures...
The list goes on about possible causes.

Start by stating your hardware configuration, and use a monitoring tool to check CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming (I'd recommend CoreTemp for the CPU, and GPU-Z for the GPU)

Solution