Question Low FPS since Nvidia Driver update. What to do ?

Oct 6, 2024
So today i updated my RTX 2050 graphic cards (Laptop) and suddenly all my games run low FPS. Dead by Daylight e.g. runs now with less than 20fps and Killing Floor 2 also has heavy fps drops. Nvidia recommended me to install the update from 01.06.2024 (version 32.0.15.5599) and that update broke my games. I then tried installing the drivers update from 26.09.2024 (version 32.01.15.6590) and i still have the same issues. I then tried to install another, older drivers update and it didnt change anything either. Can someone recommend a stable version that doesnt flush my fps down the toilet or is there maybe something i have to change in my graphic settings to get things running ? Restarting the laptop didnt do anything and running DDU didnt help my case either and my Nvidia Control Panel settings seem to be normal too

Oct 6, 2024

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try going to your laptop manufacturer drivers page and install geforce drive from there. Alternatively an older driver from around the 2050 release date from guru3D. But you've tried older drivers already.

Think there's more to the story here, it shouldn't be this difficult.

TRENDING THREADS