low fps tried everything i can think of

keaton6

Reputable
May 24, 2015
hi im hoping to get some help with an fps problem in minecraft. im useing mincraft 1.8.4 with optifine ultra hd and all setting have been optimized withing minecraft based on a few guides on how to optimize optifine. i have allocated more ram and seem to get the best results with 3G. i also have done a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit with no luck. iv tried using razor cortex game booster and that didn't seem to do much i have tinkered with my geforce experience settings and nothing worked. also i have it set to the lowest 2 chunk view distance and i have set the priority to high priority in task manager that does make a difference but hardly any. and finally i have also provisioned my second processor in advanced boot options but nothing seems to work im getting around 30 frames per second no matter what i do there was a point before my fresh install of win7 that i was achieving around 120 so i know i could at least do that. any help would greatly appreciated. i posted my specs below and also noticed that physical memory is 4.75 which i believe it should be 5.75 if anyone know how to fix that as well maybe its part of the problem maybe the graphics card is just not enough if so any upgrade tips would be very helpful as iv never uped a graphics card before. thanks in advance .

graphics card NVIDA GeForce 6150SE nForce430 and thats integrated and my res is set with 1920x1080 lowering this didnt seem to help.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name COMPUTER
System Manufacturer eMachines
System Model ET1331G
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI P01-A0, 8/13/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name computer\holly
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.89 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.43 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

bennyd87708

Reputable
May 16, 2015
For one, the 6150SE is a HORRIBLE graphics card and would give you extremely low fps in most games, but Minecraft is much more CPU intensive. What CPU do you have? Try putting everything on the lowest settings (Fast Graphics, No Smooth Lighting, Lowest Render Distance) without Optifine or anything installed, just Minecraft.

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014

I did see that, hence the "just using the integrated ones?"

bennyd87708

Reputable
May 16, 2015

You confuse me.

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014

I was checking to see if there was a GPU plugged in or in a box, as in general integrated board graphic aren't as good as boards and would therefore help, just because it isn't stated in the OP doesn't mean there isn't more hardware involved

keaton6

Reputable
May 24, 2015
i have 2.7ghz 2 count. its my only graphics card integrated off the board. and originally i played minecraft without optifine and it was probably about the same i only recently tried optifine with no major improvements. im also having an issue with geforce experience not registering my graphics card so im currently preparing to uninstall all my nividia GPU drivers then reinstall. im hoping maybe that will help

keaton6

Reputable
May 24, 2015
i kinda thought that might be the case and is definitely on my to do list. however i was achieving around 120 fps before a fresh install of win7 and now its crap so something has to be wrong

keaton6

Reputable
May 24, 2015
yes i did and and i just got done removing all nividia drivers and related software including registry and i am now currently reinstalling the latest for my graphics card

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014
ok, let us know if that helps, might have just installed an older driver before and replacing them with the most up to date one can help, although sometimes I have heard of updates removing compatibility with old games, but that's really rare and normally fixed quite quickly

keaton6

Reputable
May 24, 2015
ok i completed the process and id didnt seem to do anything so if anyone has any other suggestions let me know. also if anyone has an idea of a cheap graphics card upgrade that would be great

TRENDING THREADS