[SOLVED] Low fps until restart

Apr 14, 2019
Hello, i'm a pretty experienced pc user and i've never seen this before.

From 2 months or so to now, i'm experiencing a problem with my gaming pc that is bothering a lot: whenever i turn on the pc and boot up any game, i get a 5-10 minute normal experience until fps goes to 10-15, being fixed with only restarting the computer.
Here's what i've tried to do to solve this:
-DDU'ing in safe mode, then installing the most recent driver
-Disabling fast boot both in the bios and in windows settings
-Updating Windows to the latest version, as well as all of the possible drivers (audio,chipset,etc.)
-Monitoring the system with MSI Afterbuner and HWMonitor to see if any component is bottlenecking
and my most desperate one, formatting the computer, which didin't make any difference at all.

Below i'm going to include my computer specs as well as a screenshot of the problem happening in Forza Horizon 4, a game in which settings it usually runs at 70-100fps, running at around 15 and with HWMonitor in the background showing GPU stats.
Hope someone helps me, if you need any more input let me know.
Thanks

https://prnt.sc/o3zpad

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 with stock intel cooler
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133mhz DDR4
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SuperClocked
System drive: Samsung 860 Evo 250gb (the game in the screenshot is installed there)
Other drives: 5x Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm
PSU: Corsair CX600
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M3

WildCard999

Titan
@WildCard999 What do you mean by green label? The PSU is 3 years old. Bought new
There's a couple of different CX models, the older green label ones were poor quality which may be causing your issue. The newer CX or CXM grey label PSU's are better quality.

With everything you've tried and considering temps are safe my next guess would be the PSU.

Did anything change, software or hardware, about 2 months ago when this issue started?

Apr 14, 2019
There's a couple of different CX models, the older green label ones were poor quality which may be causing your issue. The newer CX or CXM grey label PSU's are better quality.

With everything you've tried and considering temps are safe my next guess would be the PSU.

Did anything change, software or hardware, about 2 months ago when this issue started?
Gave a look on the psu, and it is green label. So it might be the PSU then.
Regarding changes, nothing has changed out of the usual (windows and driver updates).

WildCard999

Titan
I don't think this is your issue since you did a clean install of Windows however it may not hurt to run a full scan of Malwarebytes (Free)/Windows Defender to make sure there's nothing bogging down you CPU.

Back to the PSU, do you have a local tech store nearby? I ask only because if replacing the PSU doesn't fix it then the return should be easier.