[SOLVED] Low fps untill driver reinstalled

alridium

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
A few weeks ago ive updated my nVidia driver (as i always do when theres a new one) and something happened to my pc. Since then every day i need to reinstall the driver otherwise i have like 1/4 of the fps i usually have, and reinstalling is the only thing that solves it. Is there anything permament i can do? Cause my friends arent having that issue and theres nothing online i found helpfull. Would love any advice, thanks.

Solution
Yes it can just install fresh
GRAPHICS Driver problems
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get
Display Driver Uninstaller from here
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

Jepson

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
One this you could try is to see if your parts are outdated with one another, maybe that will help? Just look up what parts are supported with one another and you should be good I hope.

verdy_p

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Windows Updates that install a new build of Windows frequently reset your drivers to more basic drivers (or non working ones, notably for nVidia!). You need to reapply the drivers (even if they were WHDL-certified and digitally signed).
Windows Update does not care, it reapplies outdated drivers always !
This is true for nVidia display drivers, but as well for audio drivers (notably Realtek HD Audio, which can also stop working, no sound at all, after a version upgrade of Windows 10), and for some Ethernet adapters which are also downgraded during the upgrade of Windows.

Note: the correct nVidia drivers are those loaded using the "nVida GeForce Experience" tool (which requires signin with a personal account on nVidia site). Those found on other places (including the manufacturer, or on the DVD shipped with the GPU) are frequently outdated, and have issues not corrected creating know instabilities in the latest versions of Windows.

At least "nVida GeForce Experience" select the correct version (there are tons of variants that fix spefific details for some models or brands, and contain fix for multiple versions of Windows, including the next ones like Insider versions already in beta test, where nVidia already prepared their version for the alpha stage of next Windows builds; also nVidia has fixes for internal tests made with Microsoft dev teams, including early experiments of features for possible later inclusion in some next versions of Windows or when it discusses and negociates with Microsoft and other GPU manufacturers on the evolution of Windows and other competing OSes, and of standard or industry protocols, of with CPU makers, bus makers, security teams...).

Last edited:

alridium

Reputable
Nov 8, 2017
Windows Updates that install a new build of Windows frequently reset your drivers to more basic drivers (or non working ones, notably for nVidia!). You need to reapply the drivers (even if they were WHDL-certified and digitally signed).
Windows Update does not care, it reapplies outdated drivers always !
This is true for nVidia display drivers, but as well for audio drivers (notably Realtek HD Audio, which can also stop working, no sound at all, after a version upgrade of Windows 10), and for some Ethernet adapters which are also downgraded during the upgrade of Windows.

Note: the correct nVidia drivers are those loaded using the "nVida GeForce Experience" tool (which requires signin with a personal account on nVidia site). Those found on other places (including the manufacturer, or on the DVD shipped with the GPU) are frequently outdated, and have issues not corrected creating know instabilities in the latest versions of Windows.

At least "nVida GeForce Experience" select the correct version (there are tons of variants that fix spefific details for some models or brands, and contain fix for multiple versions of Windows, including the next ones like Insider versions already in beta test, where nVidia already prepared their version for the alpha stage of next Windows builds; also nVidia has fixes for internal tests made with Microsoft dev teams, including early experiments of features for possible later inclusion in some next versions of Windows or when it discusses and negociates with Microsoft and other GPU manufacturers on the evolution of Windows and other competing OSes, and of standard or industry protocols, of with CPU makers, bus makers, security teams...).
But i didnt have a windows update lately, so thats not possible it suddenly became like that, can it?

Yes it can just install fresh
GRAPHICS Driver problems
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get
Display Driver Uninstaller from here
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

Solution