Question Low FPS while laptop is charging ?

Apr 19, 2024
Hello. I recently took my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 to get the thermal paste changed at a local shop. When i got it back it wouldn't boot while on battery so i took it back and the guy fixed it but now the battery wasn't charging and i was going to go back to get it checked out once again but i was busy and kept using it for a week or so. I was playing CS2 and the FPS started dropping from 150+ down to 5 and back up, and the battery LED started flickering on and off.

I thought that it could be the cable coming out of the power supply so I unplugged it and the laptop shut off while it had 80% battery. The laptop wasn't booting with a normal press so I held the power button for about 10s and it booted up fine. I then went into the game again but the same problem was still there.

I tried playing on battery power and there were no FPS drops and the game was working fine so i thought it was the charger. I bought a new charger, took it to the shop but still nothing changed. I left it for a day or two and the guy said he can't get the battery to charge but he also ran FurMark and there were no FPS drops on FurMark so he said its probably something to do with Windows.

I reinstalled Windows, downloaded CS2 and still the issue is still there. I really have no more solutions in mind and as far as i can see this is a "first of a kind" glitch.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Have you checked to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates?

I reinstalled Windows
What OS are you on? We're currently on Windows 11. Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install the OS in offline mode, later installing all necessary drivers in an elevated command?

Do you see any items listed in Device Manager showing up with a yellow exclamation mark?

I recently took my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 to get the thermal paste changed at a local shop.
What thermal paste was used? Also if there are thermal pads, were they reused or were better quality pads used as a replacement?

Apr 19, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Have you checked to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates?

I reinstalled Windows
What OS are you on? We're currently on Windows 11. Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install the OS in offline mode, later installing all necessary drivers in an elevated command?

Do you see any items listed in Device Manager showing up with a yellow exclamation mark?

I recently took my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 to get the thermal paste changed at a local shop.
What thermal paste was used? Also if there are thermal pads, were they reused or were better quality pads used as a replacement?
1. No I haven't seen if there any bios updates but it did come in to mind
2. I installed windows 11 with the media creation tool. Yes i did install all drivers
3. Yes he changed the thermal pads and the temperature is fine.
Im telling you its such a weird problem it doesnt make any sense