Low FPS with Decent Gaming specs?

TheViralKing

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
So i bought a pc a few months ago (end of october) and it's performance has been decent however it seems to be pulling low fps on some games regarldess of settings of the game
for example games like gmod or minecraft i am pulling 30 to 60 frames
and games like gta5 i'm pulling 20 frames
but games like arma3 and rocket league i am pulling 10 frames (i mean rocket league is less heave then gmod)
and according to any wiki i should be able to run all those games properly

Now these are my specs
Windows: windows 10 home edition
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)i5-4460 CPU @3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
installed ram 16gb (it also says 15,9 available)
system: 64bit
graphics card: Geforce GTX 960
motherboard: Z97-HD3

I've used a program (advanced systemcare) that deleted unwanted files and registry errors and driver booster so all my drivers are up to date.

I wouldn't be bothered if these were games i shouldn't be able to handle well, but in this case i should be.

this is not the only issue i've had, i've also had many issues with recording softwares not even recording my screen, i'm beginning to think both may be caused by windows10 but honestly i'm no computer expert

Solution
TheViralKing - PCI, as it is a PCI graphics card. Also try the other suggestions, as the 15.9gb ram shows 0.1 is being used for Intel HD graphics. Try changing the monitor port as suggested above, as otherwise your 960 will not be used.

TheViralKing

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I'm not sure of anything, but when i get to step 6 to choose a peripheral component , wich one do i need to take then, because according to the guidelines there are multiple choices

sfootie

Reputable
May 31, 2015
TheViralKing - PCI, as it is a PCI graphics card. Also try the other suggestions, as the 15.9gb ram shows 0.1 is being used for Intel HD graphics. Try changing the monitor port as suggested above, as otherwise your 960 will not be used.

Solution

TheViralKing

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

i'm writing this down, but at step 6 it would give me multiple options, GFXO PEG PCI AGP GPP
wich one would i need to take?

TheViralKing

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

OMG thank you, i've been dealing with this for months, i did both things (even though there was no step 2 to 5 for me, it brought me straight to 6 when i pressed delete) and i am now running arma3, wich is poorly optimized on high graphics and 55 fps, thank you so muchhhhhhh

sfootie

Reputable
May 31, 2015

No problem glad I could help ;)