Question Low FPS with decent laptop and good specs

machunk714

Honorable
Nov 17, 2017
I was looking for a laptop to play some medium/low intensity games on while im away from home and bought a laptop. I found a LG gram ultra slim for cheap and had really good specs, maybe about 2/3rds of the specs of my high end desktop. This is the link to the laptop im really sure i bought https://www.lg.com/us/laptops/lg-17z90q-r.apb9u1. The specs seem really good on paper but when i play games like League of legends and Smite, my FPS ranges from 40-120. I feel like with specs like this it shouldnt drop at all. My PC never drops below 100 with a 2070 super. I factory reset it when i bought it and changed some settings, such as putting for best performance in the battery options and updated the GPU drivers. With specs like these, is it unreasonable for my FPS to dip into the 30s during activity?

Lutfij

Titan
This is the link to the laptop im really sure i bought
That line doesn't inspire much confidence since you seem confused yourself. You might want to look at the bottom of the laptop to be sure you're looking at it's model.

Check and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. You could also try and see if the OS is pending updates as well. Once you've verified that the BIOS and OS are up to date, turn your attention to using DDU, then manually reinstalling your GPU driver(sourced from Nvidia's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administratior.