Question Low FPS with decent specs - - - I've been trying to fix this for year now ?

Oct 29, 2023
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7 Ghz
Ram: 16GB single channel

My friend has same specs as me and gets better FPS ?

For example, I get 90-120 FPS in Valorant. While my friend gets 200+ FPS
Same settings, Same match, Same specs. Not just Valorant, Every game he gets 30-40 FPS more than me. I don't understand what's wrong.
I have better cooling, I play in an air-conditioned room and my case has like 7 fans.

What are some things i can try to fix this? Or lmk if you guys need more information. Found the forum randomly and saw people were offering a lot of help here, So why not?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ram: 16GB single channel
Start with this first. Single channel ram configs were passable for titles from like 20 years ago.
A)Buy another dimm of ram. The end user(you) becomes the beta tester for validating stability between the old and new dimm.
B)Buy a new 2 dimm kit. The generally recommended method, since the manufacturer already did the validation for you.

^+1. cross check XMP profile and PBO settings. he might have turned it on and yours might be switched off, limiting boost clocks.

have HWinfo and see CPU clocks, GPU clocks while you game and compare it with your friend's PC. this might give us some leads.