Hello,

My specs are:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW 8gb graphics card
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16
1TB HDD
EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI Motherboard B350M BAZOOKA
Dell - 24" LED QHD G-SYNC Monitor (model S2417DG)

Playing Fortnite (all settings set to low except: anti-aliasing is set to High; shadows are off; view distance & post-processing are medium) and Monster Hunter World (all low to medium) and getting frame drops from 200 to 70 on a regular basis. Benchmarking shows the GPU up to about 90% during gameplay. Just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 with no improvement shown. All mobo drivers updated.

Thinking that it's bottlenecking at the CPU but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas/suggestions that they think might be the issue before upgrading this. Thanks so much.

Jan 3, 2019
Stuttering, yes. Also having issue with Monster Hunter World. My ping is around 3.
Seems like something else is going on. I have a Ryzen 1600 and a GTX 1060 with a 3000Mhz Corsair C16, and Fortnite and Even Apex Legends Runs smooth with High-Very High settings and no stutter at all. And you have a better/newest processor and also the graphics so it's not a bottleneck. Your GPU reach 90% during gameplay and what's your processor usage? also what's your temps while playing? and are you playing at 1080p or 1440p?

Nov 21, 2018
Seems like something else is going on. I have a Ryzen 1600 and a GTX 1060 with a 3000Mhz Corsair C16, and Fortnite and Even Apex Legends Runs smooth with High-Very High settings and no stutter at all. And you have a better/newest processor and also the graphics so it's not a bottleneck. Your GPU reach 90% during gameplay and what's your processor usage? also what's your temps while playing? and are you playing at 1080p or 1440p?

My CPU is around 35% during gameplay. 1440p. Not sure about the temps. Definitely something else going on. The parts have all been upgraded in an attempt to solve the lag issue...so I'm absolutely at my wits end with this. So many other gamers have systems with parts that are way worse than mine, and they're running games with no problem whatsoever. Beyond frustrating.

I also tried taking out 2 of the ram sticks as suggested by @THEearthISFLAT and numerous other articles/research, and unfortunately there was no change.

I feel like this system is cursed.