Question Low FPS With Nothing Close to 100% Usage

dannydan508

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
Hi, I seem to have an issue with my PC. I'm trying to play the game rust, which isn't the best running game on its own. But, I'm struggling to even hit 60fps alot of the time, let alone have it be a stable 60fps. Nothing is in 100% usage though, or even that close. I have an RX 570 4GB Armor OC Edition, an FX 8350, 16gb of RAM, 450w Power Supply, and a 500gb SSD. I am playing on a 1600x900 Monitor, running at 1920x1080, but this happens no matter what monitor I use. No overclocking is done on the CPU, because it bluescreened after it barely went up in performance, although I was probably doing something wrong. The GPU is overclocked to 1450mhz on the core clock, and 1900mhz on the memory clock. I will also Include a picture that shows all my core usages, ram/pagefile usage, gpu usage, etc.

Thanks in advance!

succmysalt

Prominent
Apr 19, 2019
Not sure what might be the problem based on what you said. Maybe check to see if your pc is overheating. Use something like cpuid in the foreground while playing to check. If it's above your CPU's or GPU's max stable load temp then you probably need more fans, a better heatsink, better pc ventilation, or all three. Also, check to see if free sync or vsync is getting in the way. Maybe your monitor cant do more than 60fps. Don't take my word for it, but you also might not have a good enough power supply considering even a little CPU overclock made ur screen go blue.

dannydan508

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
Not sure what might be the problem based on what you said. Maybe check to see if your pc is overheating. Use something like cpuid in the foreground while playing to check. If it's above your CPU's or GPU's max stable load temp then you probably need more fans, a better heatsink, better pc ventilation, or all three. Also, check to see if free sync or vsync is getting in the way. Maybe your monitor cant do more than 60fps. Don't take my word for it, but you also might not have a good enough power supply considering even a little CPU overclock made ur screen go blue.
Alright, I will check the temps. Vsync isn't getting in the way though, because if I'm in a server that has practically nothing, I can get like 70 or 80 fps. It could be the power supply, any way I can help that besides getting a new one? I'm probably gonna be building a new pc in a couple months anyways but I might just upgrade my psu once I have the money