Question Low frame rates ?

Jun 4, 2022
I don't have a whole bunch of knowledge in this kind of stuff, but I used to get at least 100 frames at low-medium settings with a 480 and 7 2700x. I upgraded the 480 to the 6700xt and on nothing but low settings, I average 60fps. I can't figure out what's wrong with it.
Any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to start with adding info about your system, in the form of specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your PSU, please include the age of the unit, apart from it's make and model. Then check and see what your current BIOS version for your motherboard is. If you're working with Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

When you upgraded to the latter gen card, did you uninstall your prior GPU drivers using DDU?

Jun 4, 2022

You might want to start with adding info about your system, in the form of specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your PSU, please include the age of the unit, apart from it's make and model. Then check and see what your current BIOS version for your motherboard is. If you're working with Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

When you upgraded to the latter gen card, did you uninstall your prior GPU drivers using DDU?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Sorry for the late reply, but I've come up with another problem.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo: Aorus Pro WiFi B450
RAM: T-Force x2 8GB
SSD: Samsung 1TB nvme
GPU: Radeon 6700XT
Chassis: Corsair Spec-06
I am currently using windows 10.
My Monitor is the sceptre 165hz 1080p 24.5".
I've used DDU to uninstall all drivers including both Nvidia and AMD, reinstalling AMD right after. I've updated all drivers, including my CPU as well as windows.

My newest problem is that my PC will not power on. I turned it off to clean out any dust to see if that would've been the problem. after I finished, the pc wouldn't turn on. I've tried unplugging/plugging things back in, seeing if everything was plugged in properly. I've tried different outlets, each one not working with the PC but working with other things (chargers, power strips, etc etc) I've ordered a new power supply, but I'm at a major loss right now and don't know what I should do.

Sorry for the late reply, but I've come up with another problem.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo: Aorus Pro WiFi B450
RAM: T-Force x2 8GB
SSD: Samsung 1TB nvme
GPU: Radeon 6700XT
Chassis: Corsair Spec-06
I am currently using windows 10.
My Monitor is the sceptre 165hz 1080p 24.5".
I've used DDU to uninstall all drivers including both Nvidia and AMD, reinstalling AMD right after. I've updated all drivers, including my CPU as well as windows.

My newest problem is that my PC will not power on. I turned it off to clean out any dust to see if that would've been the problem. after I finished, the pc wouldn't turn on. I've tried unplugging/plugging things back in, seeing if everything was plugged in properly. I've tried different outlets, each one not working with the PC but working with other things (chargers, power strips, etc etc) I've ordered a new power supply, but I'm at a major loss right now and don't know what I should do.
You could try resetting the cmos on the motherboard, usually there is a jumper that you short, check your motherboard manual.

Jun 4, 2022
You could try resetting the cmos on the motherboard, usually there is a jumper that you short, check your motherboard manual.
I just tried this, it doesn't seem like it did anything. PC still won't power on. Every now and then, I notice the motherboard LEDs flash for a quick second and turn back off.