Low framerates with GTX 980's

Exotic_Penguin

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Hello all!

I've come here because I think I'm experiencing relatively low framerates with my build for games like Overwatch and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

The Build:
Motherboard:
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU:
Intel 5930k
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4
Hard Drive:
2x Intel 730 SSD's
Video Card:
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

In Overwatch I'm getting anywhere between 250-290 frames on 1920:1080 everything set to low, and in CS:GO anywhere between 340-500 frames on 1280:960 everything set to low, and no anti aliasing. Nothing is overclocked except my ram which is set to XMP mode and my GPUs that were OC'd out of the box. I literally tried everything at this point including reinstalling drivers and even upping the fan speed on the GPUs because at first I thought they were heat throttling.

If you guys can give me any advice on what to do it would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Penguin,

EDIT: And yes, I've even made sure that my SLI setup is correct. I also have the GPUs in the 1st and 3rd PCI ports if that changes anything

What makes you think that you're getting a lower framerate than you should be? What kind of framerate do you get using the same settings if you disable SLI?

Exotic_Penguin

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

Reason I think I'm lacking in frames is because I have friends with similar build with the same GPUs and they are in the high 700's. I have tried turning off SLI and have not seem to see any difference in performance.

Have you tried a more intensive game? Also, try running 3DMark Firestrike and post your scores here, so we can see if your scores are normal.

Exotic_Penguin

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

Don't have the spare money atm to buy something off steam so I'll have to get back to you on that ^_^

Valley is free which you can get from the official site and you can get the 3DMark demo from steam for free, it has the correct benchmark :)

TRENDING THREADS