[SOLVED] Low GPU usage in all games

Nov 21, 2021
I've been trying to play games such as valorant, Cold War, Warzone but my gpu usage suddenly dropped in games a few weeks ago. I've yet to find a fix for this and have tried many things such as

Updated my drivers
Uninstalled my drivers with DDU and installled an older version
Changed my GPU power management mode to maximum performance
Updated my windows to the latest version
Rolled back to windows version 1909

I have an RTX 2080 and an i7 8700k

This is really frustrating as I used to reach 240+ frames in all games and now I struggle to get above 60. I am reaching a max of 40% GPU usage according to MSI Afterburner and 50 degrees on my gpu, when it used to run 75 degrees and 95% GPU usage. Help would be appreciated!

Solution
Try checking things like CPU usage and clocks. It might be that it runs slower and starts limiting now.
You also mentioned you updated your drivers. Try with the "old" driver you used again. Perhaps there was a change that affects usage. Noticed that myself, where a driver update increased my CPU load in the same games with the same settings.
Try checking things like CPU usage and clocks. It might be that it runs slower and starts limiting now.
You also mentioned you updated your drivers. Try with the "old" driver you used again. Perhaps there was a change that affects usage. Noticed that myself, where a driver update increased my CPU load in the same games with the same settings.

Solution