[SOLVED] LOW GPU USAGE RTX 2070

tutu0533

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Hi,i bought a RTX 2070 Asus Rog Strix yesterday and i put it in my case and formatted it.Then i downloaded GTA V and PUBG and there is the problem starts my gpu usage is around %30-50 and cpu usage is %50-60.I can't play any games with this stiuation.FPS drops every time and struggling.When i change my PUBG settings to ultra GPU Usage is going to %80-90 but i dont want to play on ultra...Is this a bottleneck ?
My system.
GPU:ASUS ROG STRIX 2070
CPU:4770K @4.00Ghz with OC Genie
RAM:2X4 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
PSU:XIGMATEK CENTAURO 800W BRONZE
MOBO:MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
GPU DRIVER:LATEST DRIVER

Solution
At what resolution do you play, if it is 1080p or 720p then no matter what cpu you have you will still have a bottleneck, take in consideration that something has to limit your fps no matter what (cpu or gpu) or else you will have an infinite fps. AS long as you have a decent FPS number then dont worry. Stuttering can come from a lot of things, check your hdd with any software, also 8GB of ram you are very close to the limit, check you RAM utilization.
At what resolution do you play, if it is 1080p or 720p then no matter what cpu you have you will still have a bottleneck, take in consideration that something has to limit your fps no matter what (cpu or gpu) or else you will have an infinite fps. AS long as you have a decent FPS number then dont worry. Stuttering can come from a lot of things, check your hdd with any software, also 8GB of ram you are very close to the limit, check you RAM utilization.

Solution

tutu0533

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Most of PUBG Professional Players Playing this game in very low settings and 1080p res. and they getting %99 GPU USAGE Thats why im asking for i dont want to play on ultra because im trying to be competitive player.Yeah i know my ram is low but in pubg its using around 6-7GB so i think its okay for now.and yes im playing on 1080P too

tutu0533

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
What is your fps, since a certain values it does not matter anymore, if you have 150-180 then you will be more then fine guessing you have a 144hz monitor.
I have XG2402 Viewsonic 144Hz 1080p. Im getting 100-150 fps tried to oc my cpu to 4.5 now im tried still same result same fps same usage pffss.

Vakou

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Most of PUBG Professional Players Playing this game in very low settings and 1080p res. and they getting %99 GPU USAGE Thats why im asking for i dont want to play on ultra because im trying to be competitive player.Yeah i know my ram is low but in pubg its using around 6-7GB so i think its okay for now.and yes im playing on 1080P too
Noone is getting 99% gpu usage in pubg lol