[SOLVED] Low gpu usage ..

Apr 4, 2021
Hey after long time of research's and tries , i can't hold it anymore , i ve tried everyway to solve my pc problems but couldnt . My problem is that my gpu is being used low on my fav game which is kinda old game and that gives me non stable fps with drops even tho its just using 20% of gpu . Also the power ting , i normaly have 50 watt on gpu when i do noth on pc which is same watt used for that game but for demanding games it goes higher to 180 - 200 , i just want a way to have a stable fps and high watt on gpu on this game . ps : i changed my power settings to high performance and prefer maximum power / i overclocked my gpu . but still nothing works, i dont have a bottleneck . maybe there is something on bios i should change idk . anyways my specs are : e3 v3 1240 3.7 ghz / GTX 970 4gb / 8 RAM ddr3

Solution
You haven't listed your os, so i can't tell you. Gone are the days of needing to use registry cleaners or ram optimizers. I remember needing to do such things with win9x, but since xp you are better off letting windows handle the page file and what not. If you've been monkeying with such things i highly suggest reinstalling Windows or putting the settings back.

The game will use the resources that it needs. The game is only loading the gpu so far becauseeither that's how it's coded, or you are being held back by something. Theres no setting, that i know of, that you can just flip and it will start loading the gpu to 99%. Old games on new hardware sometimes just doesn't work.

4745454b

Titan
Cpu load? Ram usage?

We know the card works because it gets a higher load under newer games. Out doesn't go higher with your older game because it doesn't have to. When i play tf2, my load is around 25% i think.

I'm guessing you are being bottlenecked by either your lower end cpu or your 8gbs of ram. That's the stutter.

Reactions: AMBROGIO
Apr 4, 2021
my cpu isnt really an issue but my ram maybe , cpu isnt being very high just like between 20-30% , my ram for the game doesnt even use more than 1 gb but i ve noticed that ram is being used alot on my system even without playing , may i get advice for paging file or stuff cz this ram use someth invisible i cant see on task manager , maybe thts the problem and not the psu

Apr 4, 2021
Idk my psu but i knw how much it use bcz if software as i said at first / but i think my ram is enough at least for that game or other games , can u recommand me a way to optimize ram and paging file or a way to push the game to use more ressources frm ram anf gpu . Also thanks fr help and how to do uptade as u said?

4745454b

Titan
You haven't listed your os, so i can't tell you. Gone are the days of needing to use registry cleaners or ram optimizers. I remember needing to do such things with win9x, but since xp you are better off letting windows handle the page file and what not. If you've been monkeying with such things i highly suggest reinstalling Windows or putting the settings back.

The game will use the resources that it needs. The game is only loading the gpu so far becauseeither that's how it's coded, or you are being held back by something. Theres no setting, that i know of, that you can just flip and it will start loading the gpu to 99%. Old games on new hardware sometimes just doesn't work.

Solution