Question Low Gpu Usage

Feb 7, 2023
Hello i'm having an issue and that's that every game I play I only have around 60-70% gpu usage but the funny thing is when i upgraded my pc and up to at least 3 months ago i had 100 gpu usage on all games and most games ran phenomenal. And not only that since gpu usage is low DLSS wont provide the proper performance boost on many games or not boost my performance at all.

I have a RTX 3070 EVGA
Intel I9 9900K
32Gb RAM
400Gb SSD and two 2tb disk drives.

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59034436

any help would be appreciated thx

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
You have a lot running in the background. Look into reducing background processes.

I would suspect that something is amiss about your base level driver for storage, drives are full, something going on there. Maybe check the motherboard site for the base level drivers? This is a bit of conjecture.

Did you change anything recently? Monitor temperatures? Keep the system blown out and clean of dust?

Feb 7, 2023
You have a lot running in the background. Look into reducing background processes.

I would suspect that something is amiss about your base level driver for storage, drives are full, something going on there. Maybe check the motherboard site for the base level drivers? This is a bit of conjecture.

Did you change anything recently? Monitor temperatures? Keep the system blown out and clean of dust?

my drives are a bit full cause of games. at the time of the benchmark i did have discord and my browser running oh and steam.
and the only thing i changed on my pc is i added a cpu water cooler. I did use that tron script to reduce background loads to the least it could before it was on 30% and dropped to an average of 19%. but i'll look into my mobos website for the base level drivers cause i did also update my mobod drivers recently.

edit: so i ran a benchmark again while deleting some stuff n making sure my drives were up to date n closing some background processes and this is the result https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59035952

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023
Each of your storage drives should have around 20% free space. Typically, in Wndows you can go to "This PC" and any drive that is too full will show up in red instead of blue on the capacity display.
Deleted some stuff from my drives and they all have the blue line now will this fix my issue?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022
Hello i'm having an issue and that's that every game I play I only have around 60-70% gpu usage but the funny thing is when i upgraded my pc and up to at least 3 months ago i had 100 gpu usage on all games and most games ran phenomenal. And not only that since gpu usage is low DLSS wont provide the proper performance boost on many games or not boost my performance at all.

I have a RTX 3070 EVGA
Intel I9 9900K
32Gb RAM
400Gb SSD and two 2tb disk drives.

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59034436

any help would be appreciated thx
HI,

Are you playing with fixed framerate? Regarding DLSS, in some behavior is normal to see GPU Utl low, but depends on the game and how it was implemented.

If you have already tried doing a clear driver installation with DDU, you can try with a clear cmos on your motherboard and try without making any changes in BIOS.