[SOLVED] low internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRM360

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
hi everyone , can someone help me, how can i get a high internet speed or how can i get maximum of the internet speed and the others get low internet speed. my pc is already connected by ethernet cable . btw the broadband of my network is low so therefore i think i will have to try the second option which is getting maximum of the internet speed.Thanks

Solution
If your speed drops because you hit a monthly cap it likely affects all the machines. It likely is somehow limited by the internet account so everything going to the house will have the same limit.

That is a strange cap you do not see it much except on mobile broadband. Then I noticed from your speedtest it is likely you live in Mauritius, which seems to be out in the middle of the ocean. These island countries tend to still have somewhat limited fiber bandwidth to the outside world so the ISP tend to also offer much more limited plans that you see places where it is easy to get fiber.

In the end there is really nothing you can do to get past a data cap other than maybe pay the ISP more money if that is even a option...

DRM360

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020

USAFRet

Titan
What speed do you/your parents pay for to your ISP?

Or is this still connected to your neighbors network?

If your speed drops because you hit a monthly cap it likely affects all the machines. It likely is somehow limited by the internet account so everything going to the house will have the same limit.

That is a strange cap you do not see it much except on mobile broadband. Then I noticed from your speedtest it is likely you live in Mauritius, which seems to be out in the middle of the ocean. These island countries tend to still have somewhat limited fiber bandwidth to the outside world so the ISP tend to also offer much more limited plans that you see places where it is easy to get fiber.

In the end there is really nothing you can do to get past a data cap other than maybe pay the ISP more money if that is even a option. Some ISP when the bandwidth is very limited also have a total cap they are allowed to use. They can not actually even sell unlimited plans unless the connection they have is also unlimited.

Solution
Apr 15, 2023

In the end there is really nothing you can do to get past a data cap other than maybe pay the ISP more money if that is even a option of Internet speed test. Some ISP when the bandwidth is very limited also have a total cap they are allowed to use . They can not actually even sell unlimited plans unless the connection they have is also unlimited.
And furthermore, at whatever point you utilize an "off network" testing webpage, you need to recollect that, for instance, assuming you have Sanction and run a speed test to a website that is on the Bellsouth organization and get over Verizon to get to that webpage, on the off chance that there is any organization issues over Bellsouth or Verizon's organizations, your speed results will mirror this, then, at that point, my telephone rings from a client detailing slow web.

It really is something else that perturbed individuals can get when you demonstrate to them the association they are paying for is going at speed, yet they are slow once they leave our organization.

Knowing the past being 20/20, I ought to have remained in warming and cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.