Low-Level Vulkan Graphics API To Be Supported In Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

haze4peace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
This is going to make a huge difference for cellphones. They generally have a lot of cores that aren't so powerful. Vulkan is identical to DX12 in a lot of ways.

Heck yeah, I wonder what AMD thinks about this, Im sure they are all for it, though i don't think they can make make anything off it.

przemoli

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Biggest story here is that Google after OpenGL ES 3.x horrible initial drivers took quality certification in their own hands and provided comformance suite for it.

Vulkan will have this too.

Something OpenGL even modern one lacks (outside of Mesa piglit - but it's at 4.2 right now), while this was some major advantage of DX.

Good news.

przemoli

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Heck yeah, I wonder what AMD thinks about this, Im sure they are all for it, though i don't think they can make make anything off it.

AMD will benefit through solid low level API that everybody use. AMD need that to offset their weak DX11 driver. DX12 will help only on Win10 after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS