Question Low performance, lack of power ?

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Ok so I’ll try to make this as least confusing as possible, so years ago I got a 2070 Super, Ryzen 7 2700x, a B-450 mb with 750W PSU.

It was all working good but my preformance was lower than other benchmarks, I spend a long time trying to fix it, never could, then I replaced (Gpu-3070ti, cpu-Ryzen 5 5600x, MB-B-550, and Ram-32GB 3600MHz) was over 1,000 in upgrades but I was hoping it would fix my problems, it didn’t, and I felt with it for a year or so and then recently I gave up and thought somthing else might just be wrong with pc (even though I reinstalled windows and factory reset the pc multiple times incase it was some setting I had on), so… I just bought a whole new pc and bought it pre built from NZXT, my friend has one and he said it was good for him, so I spent $2600 with Tax and shipping for a Whole new pc hopeing to finally be done with this problem, spoiler alert, it’s not gone.

I got a msi 4070ti, Intel i5 13600KF, ASRock Z790 Pro RS/D4 32GB DDR4 ram at 3600MHz Samsung 2TB 970evo plus and 850W gold cert PSU. So now i have no idea what the hell the problem can be, it can’t be display ports, I just got 2 new high end ones for dual monitors, the only thing I can think is power somehow, I have GPU-Z installed and when running a cyberpunk2077 benchmark it said the PerfCap Reason was VRel which is voltage related and I watched a benchmark with my specs and idk if it’s the same thing or not but it said there 4070ti was getting about 230W but mine during CP2077 benchmark (in GPU-Z 16pin power,idk if it’s the same) said 123W, so idk what is wrong because I’m almost certain 850W is good for these specs but idk why this pc and all my others have probably had this problem… 😩,

I would try to send a picture but idk how to because it keeps asking for URL insted of just choosing from camera roll. Any help is appreciated.

Ok so I’ll try to make this as least confusing as possible, so years ago I got a 2070super Ryzen 7 2700x b-450 mb with 750W PSU it was all working good but my preformance was lower than other benchmarks, I spend a long time trying to fix it, never could, then I replaced (Gpu-3070ti, cpu-Ryzen 5 5600x, MB-B-550, and Ram-32GB 3600MHz) was over 1,000 in upgrades but I was hoping it would fix my problems, it didn’t, and I felt with it for a year or so and then recently I gave up and thought somthing else might just be wrong with pc (even though I reinstalled windows and factory reset the pc multiple times incase it was some setting I had on), so… I just bought a whole new pc and bought it pre built from NZXT, my friend has one and he said it was good for him, so I spent $2600 with Tax and shipping for a Whole new pc hopeing to finally be done with this problem, spoiler alert, it’s not gone. I got a msi 4070ti, Intel i5 13600KF, ASRock Z790 Pro RS/D4 32GB DDR4 ram at 3600MHz Samsung 2TB 970evo plus and 850W gold cert PSU. So now i have no idea what the hell the problem can be, it can’t be display ports, I just got 2 new high end ones for dual monitors, the only thing I can think is power somehow, I have GPU-Z installed and when running a cyberpunk2077 benchmark it said the PerfCap Reason was VRel which is voltage related and I watched a benchmark with my specs and idk if it’s the same thing or not but it said there 4070ti was getting about 230W but mine during CP2077 benchmark (in GPU-Z 16pin power,idk if it’s the same) said 123W, so idk what is wrong because I’m almost certain 850W is good for these specs but idk why this pc and all my others have probably had this problem… 😩, I would try to send a picture but idk how to because it keeps asking for URL insted of just choosing from camera roll. Any help is appreciated.

These are the drivers for your motherboard, they might help:

Chipset driver
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A620M-HDVM.2/index.asp#Download

Ethernet driver

Audio driver

Sata driver

Ok so I’ll try to make this as least confusing as possible, so years ago I got a 2070super Ryzen 7 2700x b-450 mb with 750W PSU it was all working good but my preformance was lower than other benchmarks, I spend a long time trying to fix it, never could, then I replaced (Gpu-3070ti, cpu-Ryzen 5 5600x, MB-B-550, and Ram-32GB 3600MHz) was over 1,000 in upgrades but I was hoping it would fix my problems, it didn’t, and I felt with it for a year or so and then recently I gave up and thought somthing else might just be wrong with pc (even though I reinstalled windows and factory reset the pc multiple times incase it was some setting I had on), so… I just bought a whole new pc and bought it pre built from NZXT, my friend has one and he said it was good for him, so I spent $2600 with Tax and shipping for a Whole new pc hopeing to finally be done with this problem, spoiler alert, it’s not gone. I got a msi 4070ti, Intel i5 13600KF, ASRock Z790 Pro RS/D4 32GB DDR4 ram at 3600MHz Samsung 2TB 970evo plus and 850W gold cert PSU. So now i have no idea what the hell the problem can be, it can’t be display ports, I just got 2 new high end ones for dual monitors, the only thing I can think is power somehow, I have GPU-Z installed and when running a cyberpunk2077 benchmark it said the PerfCap Reason was VRel which is voltage related and I watched a benchmark with my specs and idk if it’s the same thing or not but it said there 4070ti was getting about 230W but mine during CP2077 benchmark (in GPU-Z 16pin power,idk if it’s the same) said 123W, so idk what is wrong because I’m almost certain 850W is good for these specs but idk why this pc and all my others have probably had this problem… 😩, I would try to send a picture but idk how to because it keeps asking for URL insted of just choosing from camera roll. Any help is appreciated.
Graphic card driver

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Driv...international-dch-whql.exe&lang=us&type=TITAN

If I'm reading this right, you've basically got/had 3 different computers all with the same performance issue?

Have you ever test your house electricity voltage, or even tried a different outlet socket? I've seen Youtube shorts of computer repairers joking about this issue, how a PC works fine when the customer brings it in to their shop, but every time they take it home and use the same faulty socket it under-performs.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Ok so I’ll try to make this as least confusing as possible, so years ago I got a 2070 Super, Ryzen 7 2700x, a B-450 mb with 750W PSU.

It was all working good but my preformance was lower than other benchmarks, I spend a long time trying to fix it, never could, then I replaced (Gpu-3070ti, cpu-Ryzen 5 5600x, MB-B-550, and Ram-32GB 3600MHz) was over 1,000 in upgrades but I was hoping it would fix my problems, it didn’t, and I felt with it for a year or so and then recently I gave up and thought somthing else might just be wrong with pc (even though I reinstalled windows and factory reset the pc multiple times incase it was some setting I had on), so… I just bought a whole new pc and bought it pre built from NZXT, my friend has one and he said it was good for him, so I spent $2600 with Tax and shipping for a Whole new pc hopeing to finally be done with this problem, spoiler alert, it’s not gone.

I got a msi 4070ti, Intel i5 13600KF, ASRock Z790 Pro RS/D4 32GB DDR4 ram at 3600MHz Samsung 2TB 970evo plus and 850W gold cert PSU. So now i have no idea what the hell the problem can be, it can’t be display ports, I just got 2 new high end ones for dual monitors, the only thing I can think is power somehow, I have GPU-Z installed and when running a cyberpunk2077 benchmark it said the PerfCap Reason was VRel which is voltage related and I watched a benchmark with my specs and idk if it’s the same thing or not but it said there 4070ti was getting about 230W but mine during CP2077 benchmark (in GPU-Z 16pin power,idk if it’s the same) said 123W, so idk what is wrong because I’m almost certain 850W is good for these specs but idk why this pc and all my others have probably had this problem… 😩,

I would try to send a picture but idk how to because it keeps asking for URL insted of just choosing from camera roll. Any help is appreciated.
After three computers, the issue probably isn’t with the PC… how big of a performance difference are you talking about? How are your internet speeds? Have you tried other outlets as others mentioned? Are you connected to a power strip or a battery backup? Have you tried it at someone else’s house?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can't upload photos here. You have to use an actual photo hosting site like imgur and paste links here. This isn't a photo hosting site.

It would help to have details about the performance. All we have to go on is some subjective belief that your performance in something is some amount less than the performance you expect to receive based on another mysterious unknown. For all we know you could be comparing your performance to dodgy YouTube videos; give me an hour and Adobe and I can make a video showing Crysis running at 100 fps on a chicken salad sandwich.

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022

These are all for a AMD cpu, my motherboard is a ASRock z790 Pro RS/D4 with a intel i5 13600kf

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
If I'm reading this right, you've basically got/had 3 different computers all with the same performance issue?

Have you ever test your house electricity voltage, or even tried a different outlet socket? I've seen Youtube shorts of computer repairers joking about this issue, how a PC works fine when the customer brings it in to their shop, but every time they take it home and use the same faulty socket it under-performs.

I haven't tested the voltage on my outlet but it is a newer house so idk if that would help or hurt it, maybe they have a power cap built into the socket, but i have brought it to my work which has a computer tech guy, and he plugged it in there and it seemed to be having the same performance issue but that was with my last pc so idk

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
After three computers, the issue probably isn’t with the PC… how big of a performance difference are you talking about? How are your internet speeds? Have you tried other outlets as others mentioned? Are you connected to a power strip or a battery backup? Have you tried it at someone else’s house?

it a good chunk of performance, it seems to vary but internet speeds are 950+Mbps and upload 90Mbps not really tryed other outlets because i dont have any super close to me, and im currently connected to a power strip, with nothing else on it, because she said that it helps with power surges because theres a safty thing in the power strip but ive had it straight into wall and and my work to get looked at (for my last pc) but i will get 100% gpu usage and everything seems fine in gpu stress tests like msi kombuster etc and i havent directly looked at the 16Pin power Wattage but yea, it only seems to run good in stress tests, honestly i got this pc like a week ago so ive really only tested cyberpunk most but i was getting at least 30 fps lower than someone with my specs playing at same settings on yt but ive tried and looked at other vids too to see if its the same.

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022

These are all for a AMD cpu, my motherboard is a ASRock z790 Pro RS/D4 with a intel i5 13600kf

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
So your latest build was accompanied with a fresh install of Windows and all necessary drivers?

yes a fresh install of windows and i think i downloaded all necessary drivers, gpu drivers, and windows update, nothing really for cpu drivers but i kept looking it up and it said that they really don't have a supper necessary driver and when i looked for it anyway i couldn't find it on MB website or intel website but who knows, maybe i have been forgetting a crucial one this whole time

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Can you define "good chunk?"

As I said above, the problem is that you've supplied zero data, so there's absolutely no context for your performance issues. If we don't even know the degree of the performance issue, or whether there even actually is one at all, it's very hard to provide much in the way of help.

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
You can't upload photos here. You have to use an actual photo hosting site like imgur and paste links here. This isn't a photo hosting site.

It would help to have details about the performance. All we have to go on is some subjective belief that your performance in something is some amount less than the performance you expect to receive based on another mysterious unknown. For all we know you could be comparing your performance to dodgy YouTube videos; give me an hour and Adobe and I can make a video showing Crysis running at 100 fps on a chicken salad sandwich.

well i just tested Hogwarts legacy and in Hogsmeade i was averaging 75-80 fps on all high settings, no RT and my cpu usage was 45-60% and gpu was 25-35% cpu was also running around 4.65GHz when i can boost up to 5.1GHz and yea, i literally don't know what to do anymore, ive done things to try and fix this for years, and nothing has worked, the tech guy that works with pcs at my work said my computer is cursed 😭

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Can you define "good chunk?"

As I said above, the problem is that you've supplied zero data, so there's absolutely no context for your performance issues. If we don't even know the degree of the performance issue, or whether there even actually is one at all, it's very hard to provide much in the way of help.

what do you want/need to know

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Typically I say don't download these utilities tools because they kill performance however if it's the only option for installing the drivers saddly it's all you got, if this is already installed that might be what's causing the problem for some reason it interferes with Nvidia drivers and causes poor performance

how can I check if I have it installed? And if so how do I uninstall it? Because i testing a game right when I got my pc and just had gpu drivers and windows updates and it was still orruring before I downloaded anything else

how can I check if I have it installed? And if so how do I uninstall it? Because i testing a game right when I got my pc and just had gpu drivers and windows updates and it was still orruring before I downloaded anything else
Under uninstal program search for ASRock, typically it is one of the first things installed when booting into windows for the first time it ask of you want to install most people have no idea what it is and say yes... It's the utility that installs mobo drivers and updates them for you however for some reason has been reported in "ALMOST ALL CASES" to cause driver errors other places most commonly with Nvidia GPUs

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Under uninstal program search for ASRock, typically it is one of the first things installed when booting into windows for the first time it ask of you want to install most people have no idea what it is and say yes... It's the utility that installs mobo drivers and updates them for you however for some reason has been reported in "ALMOST ALL CASES" to cause driver errors other places most commonly with Nvidia GPUs

late response but had it and I uninstalled it and no change…