Question Low Performance PC build

May 23, 2022
Hello guys,
Recently I have created set up for my new computer. My goal was to play smoothly most new games on 2k (Elden ring, RDR2, etc)
These are my components:

Intel core i5 12600 KF (OC to 4.9 MHz
RTX 3070 TI OC Gigabyte version (Overclocked in Msi burner)
16 GB ram DDR 4 3600 MHz
Motherboard: MSI Pro Z690- A DDR4

Unfortunately, this set did not meet my expectation due to fact that I am having small drops of FPS in most not really demanding games (DS3, Mortal Kombat 11). Drops are like 10% FPS down.
Here is a link to my user benchmark: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
Is there something wrong with this? Or my GPU & CPU is not good enough?

I have checked the temperature and seems to not overheating. I am using WIN11 however same results happened on WIN10.

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks

Hello guys,
Recently I have created set up for my new computer. My goal was to play smoothly most new games on 2k (Elden ring, RDR2, etc)
These are my components:

Intel core i5 12600 KF (OC to 4.9 MHz
RTX 3070 TI OC Gigabyte version (Overclocked in Msi burner)
16 GB ram DDR 4 3600 MHz
Motherboard: MSI Pro Z690- A DDR4

Unfortunately, this set did not meet my expectation due to fact that I am having small drops of FPS in most not really demanding games (DS3, Mortal Kombat 11). Drops are like 10% FPS down.
Here is a link to my user benchmark: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
Is there something wrong with this? Or my GPU & CPU is not good enough?

I have checked the temperature and seems to not overheating. I am using WIN11 however same results happened on WIN10.

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks
High background usage and also being throttled. Was this new build accompanied with a new install of Windows? Are you on latest BIOS? What about chupset drivers?

Restart the PC and run test again.

May 23, 2022
High background usage and also being throttled. Was this new build accompanied with a new install of Windows?

Restart the PC and run test again.

Yes, the new build was accompanied by fresh windows. I have just restarted the PC and did a test. High background usage is done ( i got chrome opened last time) but still CPU is getting throttled.
It is weird due to the fact that when I am checking the usage while I was having lags in Elden Ring:

GPU: 58 Celsius, 96 % usage 2055 MHz
CPI: 54 Celsius 22 % usage

MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the new build was accompanied by fresh windows. I have just restarted the PC and did a test. High background usage is done ( i got chrome opened last time) but still CPU is getting throttled.
It is weird due to the fact that when I am checking the usage while I was having lags in Elden Ring:

Thanks for your help!
Check your Windows Power Plan. Make sure it's set to 100%. Are you on latest BIOS for motherboard?

May 23, 2022
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
using just 1 monitor? steaming the game?
what the fps exactly?

Hello,

These are my temps/usage during game:

HNvOpf.jpg

I am using only 1 monitor, no streaming,

Thanks,

Thanks for your help!
Just to work with UBM a little.
Download UBM.
Reboot and wait a few mins then run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.

I turned off OC, still throttle MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark .

Thanks a lot for your help all,
Jakub
I'm just guessing... I would think that has something to do with heat or power.

If you have set up the windows power plan proper perhaps turn off the gpu overclocking and run UBM.

Perhaps run hwinfo and see what the cpu is doing...heat and power wise when running UBM.

May 23, 2022
I'm just guessing... I would think that has something to do with heat or power.

If you have set up the windows power plan proper perhaps turn off the gpu overclocking and run UBM.

Perhaps run hwinfo and see what the cpu is doing...heat and power wise when running UBM.

I've made throttle and stress tests on AIDA64, all looked fine with thermal on GPU/CPU.

Thanks,