[SOLVED] Low ping, zero packet loss, still gameplay delay (or lag spikes)

Oxicoi

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but my Internet speeds are fine, latest ethernet LAN driver 2.5GBe Realtek, and in all of my games, I don't have any packet loss. Specifically, Fortnite, it shows I have like 10 ping and 0% packet loss, yet every shot, build, and breaking action takes like half a second to register.

What is going on? It's annoying.

Solution
It might not be a network issue could be some setting in the game.

Be sure you get the latest driver for your nic. Try to get it from the realtek site and try to verify that windows did not "help" you and update it with one of their generic ones. These 2.5g nic cards have a history of strange performance issues related to drivers.
Not sure if this is getting better or not we see a number of people having issues with the drivers used on these chipsets.
It might not be a network issue could be some setting in the game.

Be sure you get the latest driver for your nic. Try to get it from the realtek site and try to verify that windows did not "help" you and update it with one of their generic ones. These 2.5g nic cards have a history of strange performance issues related to drivers.
Not sure if this is getting better or not we see a number of people having issues with the drivers used on these chipsets.

Solution