Question Low profile gpu

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Hello everyoneI

just need an output to my monitor and I need one with as VGA output but those are not low profile cards.
Can I remove the VGA connector and replace the bracket with a low profile one and put the VGA connector in another PCIe slot?
Is that possible?

Lutfij

Titan
If the PCB of the GPU is taller than the bracket, then there's no point changing out the brackets or the ports. TO get a semblance of what you want to do, what is the make and model of the case? You could look at a GTX750Ti that is available in low profile but it needs two slots to mount to a chassis.

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
If the PCB of the GPU is taller than the bracket, then there's no point changing out the brackets or the ports. TO get a semblance of what you want to do, what is the make and model of the case? You could look at a GTX750Ti that is available in low profile but it needs two slots to mount to a chassis.

The case has a 250 watt psu rated for a max of 86% efficiency. I have enough slots to mount one of those but the case is a prebuilt one that only takes low profile GPUs. The psu outputs +12V 18A on the 12v rail(s)

Last edited: