[SOLVED] Low resolution boot screen

Dec 10, 2019
Hello. I have a question that I can’t find an answer to anywhere. I had the following problem. I built a new computer,

Ryzen 2700X,
Nvidia GTX1660,
16 Gb DDR4,
SSD 2.5 512 gb,
Aorus B450 Pro,
Win 10 OS x64 (1909).

The system works very well. But there is one thing. When I press the power button, the BIOS logo meets me, then the normal loading screen of Windows 10 comes, and after a few seconds the screen becomes momentarily dark and a circle of rotating dots appears on the screen, but it is of low resolution. After that, a user login screen but with a normal resolution (1920 x 1080) appears. Once again, the system works great, but it’s very annoying this extra low-resolution boot screen.
What he did: reinstalled Windows, installed another SSD, reinstalled drivers for everything, including a video card - everything did not lead to success.
Forgive help!

Solution
Hello

I believe this is the normal behavior because when you power on the computer, during the Windows' booting process, all the drivers (including the graphics driver) are loaded into the memory. In your case, since the screen appears before the graphics driver gets to the memory, you see the low-res display.

If this issue didn't appear earlier, you can try to optimize Windows registry and also Defragment the C: Drive and see if it helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

I believe this is the normal behavior because when you power on the computer, during the Windows' booting process, all the drivers (including the graphics driver) are loaded into the memory. In your case, since the screen appears before the graphics driver gets to the memory, you see the low-res display.

If this issue didn't appear earlier, you can try to optimize Windows registry and also Defragment the C: Drive and see if it helps.

Cheers!!

Solution
Dec 10, 2019
Hello

Cheers!!

Thanks for the answer. but unfortunately I could not find a single normal solution to this problem. I just bought a new super fast solid state drive based on PCI-Express (Aorus). Booting Windows is so fast that all problems are gone!

shujabutt

Prominent
Dec 17, 2020
Change Your LCD or LED Setting
- Make sure Resolution or Monitor is set to (full screen) not on (aspect ratio).
- Turn of DDC/CI (OFF) in Monitor Setting.
- Set (ACM) to (OFF)
- Set Wide Mode to FULL