Low score in 3DMark?

SirWalker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2001
Hi all!
I have recently purchased a new computer (ABit KT7-RAID, AMD TBird 1GHz, 256MB RAM) where I'm using my Creative Riva TNT2 M64 video card. I am using the 6.31 driver available from Nvidia. However, the score in 3DMark for 800x600 resolution is as low as about 2200.
Is this low for this computer (I am afraid it is)?
What can be done to increase the score (and thus the performance)?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best
SirWalker

The pure and simple truth
is rarely pure and never simple.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Obviously NO ONE WAS LISTENING when Tom himself said NOT to use the Detonator 3 drivers with the TNT series cards (including the 2 and Ultra). They do not offer the performance of the earlier Detonator 2 drivers for these cards! Try using your origninal drivers or getting newer version of the original drivers (which is probably about 2 years old now). You should be able to see at lease 2700 with those drivers, maybe 3500 if you overclock the card.

Suicide is painless...........

SirWalker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2001
Thanks for your reply :)
As I'm new here, I didn't know this was already treated in depth, sorry about that. I'll try with older drivers, maybe that'll fix the score. As for W2k, I guess I'm stuck with the newer drivers??

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Probably stuck with the new drivers in Win2k. A good source for the newest original drivers is Dell, as long as your willing to figure out on your own which Dell computer used the TNT2.

Suicide is painless...........

SirWalker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2001
In a way, I guess that was the answer I thought was right and was afraid of getting. Guess I'll have to save up some money and get some real equipment. Pretty frustrating to have a good CPU and still have low frame rates in Flight Simulator :)
Graphics Hardstore, here I come ;)