Discussion Low spec laptops can still run some less demanding games.

green.masood

Honorable
Jan 3, 2019
hey guys.i want to share this wonderful discovery.

i have a Dell 5580 with an i5-7440hq CPU which has integrated HD630 graphics.

i never dared to play any game on it because of it's low specs.

But last night i downloaded PES2018 and it runs surprisingly smoothly, it's running in low quality of course but completely ok.

My laptop is not built for playing games it's so low level but it runs this game and sure every body can play medium games with low level laptops...don't understimate your laptop if it doesn't have a dedicated gpu or a nice cpu.

Dare and Play....

im so surprised

Jun 18, 2024
I'll join in on this topic!! OP is right many older games from the Win 95/98 up to Win 7 titles will play well to awesome on low spec laptops. Prior to Upgrading my 2017 HP Stream 14 AX030CA Intel Celeron N3060 Intel HD Graphics 400 4GB RAM and only a 32GB eMMC 14" TN Screen 1366 x 768, I had played Hearthstone on it, not well and heat was a major issue. That was about the most challenging as I would attempt.
Since the Upgrade now 8 GB Ram, 480 GB NVME SSD ( original eMMC now extra storage) and a 1920 x 1080 IPS Screen, Hearthstone on low settings is way better. However I dug into my desk drawer and started adding old AAA games, and they play Amazingly Well !!!!
Original Diablo 2 with Wide screen fix and updated Battle.net , I fallen in love with it again on my Stream.
Need For Speed Underground with Widescreen fix and updated version mod, added to games list in Steam lets me use modern Xbox One Controller in game.
My list of original Counter Strike Games on Steam ( Condition Zero, Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Counter Strike Source, Day Of Defeat)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 installed and patched to modern, but I have to get controller fix working as Steam does not seem to inject it's controller fix at game start.
But so many old games could have new Life. I still have Warcraft 3 with Expansion to install and set up to have a play through a few 100 times !!!

The added bonus in older games is no "Micro Transactions" or on line shops!!!!

Mar 25, 2024
My old Brickpad E560 from 2016 is what I use for mobile gaming. It has an i5-6200U, HD 520 graphics, 16GB of Teamgroup Elite DDR3L 1600MHz RAM, Crucial MX500 1TB, and Windows 10.

Most of the time I run Fallout: New Vegas and if I wanted to, I could play Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and even Fallout 4 with some sacrifice to performance. Fallout 4 will run native resolution, low settings, 20-30 fps average but takes a hit in the Boston area. Skyrim will probably be about the same. F3 and Oblivion essentially have the same engine as New Vegas so they will likely have similar performance.

I also have a few mods loaded for New Vegas which might impact performance. I have the game running on high/ultra settings, native resolution, with about 40 fps average just about everywhere and 60 fps in small cells that don't have much to load.

The E560 is not a gaming laptop by any means, but free is a hard price to beat for a mobile gaming rig.