Shivan Fernando

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys,

So recently about 3 months ago my fps (specifcally on valorant since thats the game I play the most) completley changed. I had major fps changes across the game and my input delay was increased immesly. However sometimes when I've updated windows or some random update like gpu or service to a new update the issue goes away only to come back a couple days later. Right now this issue has come back in a less destructive way but its still annoying knowing I can get better performance and input delay. The fps is still playable but I know I can achieve much higher performance with the most important thing being the delay being descreased. Honestly having this makes me not want to play since I can't play at my full potential.

For example I'm using low settings at 1080p on valorant and when everything was good i managed to achieve 250-420fps during a match with 3-6ms delay

Now it varies wayyyy more and the fps goes from 140-260 again playable but the delay feels wayy worse although it hovering now from 5-12ms

Now I don't know if this is a gpu, Os or valorant error maybe anticheat?
I rember this issue started to occur post updates after windows 11 22h2
I don't if my pc maybe doesnt detect my overclock on cpu ram(xmp) either??
My Specs:
CPU : R5 3600
RAM : patriot 16gb 3200mhz
MBO: Asrock B450 steel legend
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
PSU: EVGA 500W BRONZE
SSD: 512gb sabrent m.2 nvme gen3
Overclocks: cpu to 4.2ghz at 1.21v, xmp 3200 on ram and +150mhz on gpuc clock in msi afterburner

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 26, 2023
The problem is complicated. First of all, overclocking sometimes causes the game frame rate to drop instead, you can try to lower the frequency to see if you can improve the game frame rate, and you can try to install Windows 10, which no longer has major feature updates and will not cause the game frame rate to change due to OS updates.

Also you can you can determine the overclocking stability by benchmark software.