[SOLVED] Lower fps after gpu upgrade

Mar 21, 2020
Hello,

So recently I updated my gtx 950 to an rx 580. My cpu is fx8370e. I know that there is a little bottleneck from the cpu with the rx 580.
The issue is that league of legends runs on 40-80 fps regardless of what settings I select. The other games are fine, it is really just league.. Any ideas what I can do?

Solution
Hello,

So recently I updated my gtx 950 to an rx 580. My cpu is fx8370e. I know that there is a little bottleneck from the cpu with the rx 580.
The issue is that league of legends runs on 40-80 fps regardless of what settings I select. The other games are fine, it is really just league.. Any ideas what I can do?

your GPU most likely fine. the issue probably AMD very own optimization on the game itself.
What PSU do you have? The 580 is a much more power hungry card pulling in around 300 watts under load compared to the sub 200 watt GTX950 so you need a decent 550 watt PSU.

Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and completely remove both the old Nvidia and new AMD drivers from your system before installing the AMD ones again and see if that helps.

Reactions: Simarinoto
Mar 21, 2020
What PSU do you have? The 580 is a much more power hungry card pulling in around 300 watts under load compared to the sub 200 watt GTX950 so you need a decent 550 watt PSU.

Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and completely remove both the old Nvidia and new AMD drivers from your system before installing the AMD ones again and see if that helps.

I'm using a 550 PSU, before I put the rx in my pc i reinstalled windows and used DDU. I'll just try it again I guess.

Mar 21, 2020
It's a brand new. That is the issue I'm not getting any drops in heavier games like warthunder, Apex and overwatch, but league just runs at 80 fps regardless the settings

Hello,

your GPU most likely fine. the issue probably AMD very own optimization on the game itself.

Solution