Question Lower FPS on a 4080 build ?

GenericJim

Commendable
Dec 1, 2021
I'm getting low fps on my new build, at least lower than all other benchmarks I've seen so far, 1440p resolution at ultra performance dlss, ultra settings, MW2 2022 only hits 150fps or under
Full build specs
MOBO: Asus tuf gaming x670e
CPU- Ryzen 9 7950x
GPU-4080 PNY gaming OC
RAM- Gskill DDR5 running at 6000Mhz
PSU-Corsair 1000w

All components under 70 degrees, GPU is actually not even reaching 50 degrees, around 45, vsync unlocked and gsync off, still wont even get my monitors refresh rate of 165 htz.
Seems to be consistent in most games that ive seen other benchmarks on being lower than average

Lutfij

Titan
PSU-Corsair 1000w
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Can you please state the model of the unit?

MOBO: Asus tuf gaming x670e
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

1440p resolution at ultra performance dlss, ultra settings, MW2 2022 only hits 150fps or under
Seems to be consistent in most games that ive seen other benchmarks on being lower than average

Did you try and tax your platform with other titles? Out of curiosity, where did you source the installer for the game from? Might also want to add a grain of salt to what you see on YT.

GenericJim

Commendable
Dec 1, 2021
"PSU-Corsair 1000w
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Can you please state the model of the unit?"

RM1000x FM 80+G ATX

"MOBO: Asus tuf gaming x670e
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?"

Updated the bios within the last 4 days, so most recent

"1440p resolution at ultra performance dlss, ultra settings, MW2 2022 only hits 150fps or under

Did you try and tax your platform with other titles? Out of curiosity, where did you source the installer for the game from? Might also want to add a grain of salt to what you see on YT."

I have, still seems low compared to other benchmarks, my only curiosity is that grain of salt would be fairly large if others are running 200-220 fps. i installed it off of battlenet

Huttk1528

Honorable
Dec 10, 2016
I have same motherboard and cpu. I was going nuts for days trying to fix it and eliminate what it was. I finally decided to update my bios from 0611 to 0805 and it completely fixed my fps with my 4080 because it wasn’t the 4080 it was the motherboard!!!! I would also to be sure uninstall your graphics card drivers manually and reinstall the latest. Wish you luck I read your post trying to find answers to fix mine! If you need anymore help me I could give you my discord!