Question Lower FPS than friend with similar specs

Nov 10, 2018
Hi all!

I decided to come here to hopefully find an issue I'm think having with my hardware. I've recently been playing Apex Legends and was fine with how the game was running until i watched a JayzTwoCents video where he builds a low budget PC--around $500 to play Apex.

His specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
GPU: PowerColor RX580 8GB Red Dragon
Mobo: ASRock b450M-HDV
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Inland Professional 240GB
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 Plus

Now the thing that caught my attention was that he was running the game with almost better frames on MAX settings with the exception of Ambient Occlusion being low and he was playing on a 1080p 144hz monitor. The big indicator is before jumping out te dropship where you overlook the whole map, he was averaging 60 frames whereas I'm averaging 30-40.

My specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50GHz (OCed to 4.6)
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti FE (OCed)
Mobo: MSI Z270i Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RBG PRO
SSD: 240GB SanDisk SDD Plus
M.2: Intel 660p 1TB
PSU: Cosair SFX 450W 80 Gold Plus

I'm currently running the game on mostly LOW or OFF settings with Texture Streaming Budget on Insane (8GB VRAM) and Model Detail on High while playing on 1080p 144hz aswell.

My friend has similar specs than I do and he has better frames with some toned down settings from High but he's playing on a 2k monitor.

If anyone has any idea what could be my issue please help a guy out! I really want to get the most out of my computer, but if not i guess ill just have to live with it.

Nov 10, 2018
I'm sorry but they are both not identical systems. To note, you should be working with a PSU that is reliably built and has at least 650W to the entire system's disposal.

I was just citing the JayzTwoCents Specs for reference. He was running it really well for lower spec hardware. My FRIEND and i have the similar specs, but yeah, maybe it might just be the PSU. I did some research before building my PC and the Corsair One had a 450W PSU powering similar hardware.