Question Lower r23 score after disabling turbo boost ?

Jul 16, 2022
I have a Asus ROG STRIX G17

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800H
GPU: RTX 3050

It used to stay around 55 degrees idle and it's r23 score was about 13740...
I disable turbo boost and now it mostly stays under 49 during idle but it's score goes below 9700....
I have not tested any games yet and I don't know whether this is a valid test....
So is this something I should care about....
I can provide other specifications anyone wants...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have a Asus ROG STRIX G17

Cpu: AMD R7 6800H
Gpu: RTX 3050

It used to stay around 55 degrees idle and it's r23 score was about 13740...
I disable turbo boost and now it mostly stays under 49 during idle but it's score goes below 9700....
I have not tested any games yet and I don't know whether this is a valid test....
So is this something I should care about....
I can provide other specifications anyone wants...

Only you can tell if the real-world impact on your use from basically downgrading your CPU is worth the lower temperatures (and it's load temperature that matters; idle temperature is fairly meaningless unless it's an idle temperature that indicates a malfunctioning cooling solution).

Yes yes ...
The scores look about about right, it means the CPU will run at 3.2Ghz under load. I can understand why you might do this, I would expect it to be a lot cooler and quieter. In terms of what impact it might have on your gaming, your most likely to notice if your playing at high refresh rates like 144hz. I don't think you'd notice anywhere else, even at 3.2Ghz it's still a powerful CPU. Your far more likely in my opinion to find the 3050 holding back the CPU than the other way around.

Jul 16, 2022
The scores look about about right, it means the CPU will run at 3.2Ghz under load. I can understand why you might do this, I would expect it to be a lot cooler and quieter. In terms of what impact it might have on your gaming, your most likely to notice if your playing at high refresh rates like 144hz. I don't think you'd notice anywhere else, even at 3.2Ghz it's still a powerful CPU. Your far more likely in my opinion to find the 3050 holding back the CPU than the other way around.
I got an idea...
I set up a power plan for silent and a power plan for performance separately
The scores were
Silent: 9765
Turbo: 13995
This can satisfy both my usage (Gaming and Editing as well as regular use)
What's yall opinion?