Lowest 980ti build as possible

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lolmaxgg

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
Is this pc build good to go? New to pc gaming community. 
Processor : Intel i5 4690 (non-k version) 
Motherboard : AsRock H97M PRO4 
RAM : Avexir white 2x4GB 1600mhz
HDD : WD 1TB Caviar Blue  
Graphic Card : GTX980TI Reference
Power Supply : CM V650 (80+ GOLD)  
Casing : Aerocool xpredator x1
Keyboard Mouse : CM Devastator 
Extra Fans : NZXT FN120 V2 x2 
CPU Coolers : Scythe Katana 4 
Any suggestion is welcomed. (Try to be as low cost as possible)
Will cpu bottleneck 980 ti?
Can the psu handle 980 ti?
thx

lolmaxgg

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

I don't really needed overclocking BUT if they have significant performance benefits for my latest games then I'll have to get a Z board.

lolmaxgg

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

Like I said I don't really like overclocking. Guess I'll maybe follow your build for maximum value. Your build in my country is about $1400. ;-/

lolmaxgg

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

But you did overclocked your cpu right? Did you regret spending the extra cost for overclocking? I know I can't really compare because of diff countries diff specs diff prices.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Overclocking costs a lot more in any country. You have to pay extra for an unlocked cpu over a locked cpu, you have to pay extra for a Z87/97 motherboard over a H97 motherboard, and you have to pay extra for an aftermarket cpu cooler. It's almost never worth it or even necessary.

lolmaxgg

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

After this explanation plus @logainofhades's vote I'll stick with H97.

logainofhades

Titan

I needed something same day, as I had a system go down. Microcenter's combo deals made it cheaper to go with the overclocking combo. I needed a Z77 board, to properly support my crossfired HD 5850's, that I was running at the time. I already had the cooler.

TRENDING THREADS