[SOLVED] LPX vengence ram overclocking and compatibility

bradur

Commendable
Jan 15, 2019
Hello everybody that will read this thread.
I am here today because i have a few questions about my ram and the compatibility of my ram. with my other specs.
first of all my specs.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
PSU: BeQuiet! 630W
MB: MSI B450 Gaming plus
Ram: 1 kit of 2x8gb ddr4 lpx vengence (i actually am confused about this because amazon said something else) 2133mhz and another kit with 2666mhz

About the ram. i bought 1 kit of vengence lpx back in christmas 2019 and i was actually quiet sure its a 2666mhz kit. and this christmas i got myself the second kit of the same ram but 3200mhz. now im see that both my ram have a diffrent mhz than they should have. i already turned on my xmp profile and yesterday when i actually found this problem i just went ahead and upped them mhz in the bios to 3066 (probably not the smartest move) but that actually gave me a noticeable but not confirmed perfomance boost.

My question is if i can keep the oc ram like that or if there are any other things to improve my ram. i am sadly not into overclocking at all because the last time i really did something was 2 years ago.
Do you need any more information? if so then please let me know.

Thank you for your time regardless of any answers given and stay healthy!

PS: I dont know how important this is but i read a post from 2017 and they said that lpx vengence 2666mhz ram with 14CL is slow (the post was about rendering and editing so maybe that doesnt matter with gaming(im playing escape from tarkov which is quiet heavy on your ram)) but my ram got 2 slots with 21.22.23.24.16 and another 2 slots with 13.14.15.16.16

EDIT: I am currently trying to look for similar questions and i found out that both of my kits are from diffrent producers or rather the chips. im currently having no problems but if i actually only have 2666 mhz max and thats actually limiting me even more then i might have a problem. tbh i dont feel instability or anything but i do remember in the last month (since christmes....) that i have extremly rare stutters of my computer that are noticable due to the sound being repeated like a hard crash or something... but only like 3 times and for 1 sec max

Last edited:
Solution
That memory is not too good with a B450 board in general. It will not work with most Matisse CPUs and some others. Insure that the exact model is on a motherboard QVL on their support site that shows compatibility.