Apr 26, 2022
evening
hi, I've just bought a razer late 2020 (2nd hand base model) and love it, always been a desktop person, but since i started event management and working with LED screens i needed a good laptop.

My question, can i add internal LTE/4g/5g mobile connection to my laptop?

I cant find information anywhere on internet and I've seen m.2 WWAN Cards on eBay and external usb sim card Modules.
but i was after something more internal/built in, will these even work? do they need special software or extra hardware!?
I've seen people install wwan cards into pcs that already have sim card readers, but my blade doesn't!?

my razer has a free m.2 slot, would these modules even work in there? i assume id have to lay antenna wires.

so many questions on a subject that should be more known about as we all use mobile data/hotspots nowadays.
i thought i might ask you as you guys know about pcs than any other :)

Solution
It would work as long as you have sim slot in the laptop or the sim slot is on the card itself. Otherwise antenna wiring is not the worry, you would have to route m.2 slot wires to a sim tray, which is quite a “job” :)

P.S. I would rather go with portable wifi router option… +less headache +cheap +can be (re)used apart from the laptop. Sample.
It would work as long as you have sim slot in the laptop or the sim slot is on the card itself. Otherwise antenna wiring is not the worry, you would have to route m.2 slot wires to a sim tray, which is quite a “job” :)

P.S. I would rather go with portable wifi router option… +less headache +cheap +can be (re)used apart from the laptop. Sample.

Last edited:
Solution