CPU: Ryzen 3700X
RAM: 16GB 3600Mhz
M.2: Crucial P1 1TB, Samsung 850 evo 1TB
SSD: 120 GB samsung ssd, 240 GB corsair ssd
HDD: 500GB WD Black
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
Power Supply: Corsair RX 750
Case NZXT H440

So here is my problem, and it has only started after I switched power supplies (the old one kept blowing a fuse). When I initially boot up my pc, everything is fine, my boot drive is the Crucial P1 while most of my games are on my old boot drive, the Samsung 850 evo ( which still has my old windows info installed). When I shut my pc down, one of the lights on my power button (denoting drive activity I think) stays solid, even after several hours. When I power my system back on, the Aorus boot screen stays for a long time and it either uses my Samsung M.2 as the boot drive and when I go to check the BIOs the Crucial P1 drive is not detected. I have to turn off my pc, reinsert the drive, and power it up again. Then rinse and repeat with the same issue.

TLDR: After having to change power supplies, every other time I boot my pc, my boot drive becomes undetected until I reinsert it.

Mar 27, 2020
Try disabling fastboot in your bios.
Fastboot was already off in my bios by default, but I just tried it, the drive still becomes lost after I shut it down and power it back on. I've already made a backup of the system on one of my older drives, all files included. Would it be worth it to try to wipe the drive clean and do a clean install of everything again or would that just be wasting my time (lt didn't give me any issues before, and I can't see how swapping a power supply to a same wattage from a different brand would make this kind of error occur)?

Last edited:

Latest posts