Nov 2, 2020
Ryzen 5 4600g
RTX 2060S
Asrock b450/ci r2.0
evga 500w bronze
SSD M.2 Adata SX8100 256GB
kingstone a400 240gb (3 of em)
adata xpg spectrix d50 rgb 8gb ddr4 3200 2 x 8

greetings, i´m having a trouble with my pc, context, some days a go i posted a thread thats talk about an amd drivers issue, some people recomended me to do a clean drivers instalation with DDU, it doesn´t work for me, so i tried to do a clean windows instalation, only starting and i got some troubles, my m.2 was recognized by bios but can´t do the instalation on it, i removed and installed on another pc to do the win instalation an it works, but when i conected it on my pc again a new error apears (recovery blue screen), i tried bootrec, doesn´t, do a new instalation doesn´t work, disconnect all other storage devices and works windows start normally, but now thats the new problem, i need my others storages, if i conect em windows starts to fail again, does anyone know any solve for this issue?

disconnect all other storage devices and works windows start normally, but now thats the new problem, i need my others storages, if i conect em windows starts to fail again, do you know any solve for this issue?
Usually you have to set proper Boot priority.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management (with all drives visible) and
BIOS Boot priority settings?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Which slot is M.2 drive installed in?
Note - M2_2 slot usage disables sata ports SATA3_3 and SATA3_4 (2 ports located at the bottom of the board).

Last edited:

Rub_Porras

Commendable
Nov 2, 2020
Usually you have to set proper Boot priority.

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management (with all drives visible) and
BIOS Boot priority settings?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Which slot is M.2 drive installed in?
Note - M2_2 slot usage disables sata ports SATA3_3 and SATA3_4 (2 ports located at the bottom of the board).

Rub_Porras

Commendable
Nov 2, 2020
i know that m.2 disables some sata ports, but before win instalation all of them were working, included the m.2
MzUlOVV.jpg

Rub_Porras

Commendable
Nov 2, 2020
Solved.
disconected everyhing, conected again, reset all bios boot options to default, did the instalation again and works...TY

You can see, there are multiple entries with Windows boot manager in boot priority list.
This means, you have multiple bootloaders. Probably one on each drive.
This will cause confusion.
You should have only single bootloader in system. Delete all the other bootloaders.

This is, why I asked for Disk Management screenshot.

Also - first boot option is for legacy boot. If windows is installed in UEFI mode, then legacy boot option is not functional.
Boot process tries legacy option first, this fails.

That's why you get boot failure.

Reactions: Rub_Porras