M.2 drive corrupt and cannot wipe clean

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aguatec

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
How to reformat a PLexor M.2 ssd. I have a similar problem in that I wish to reformat mu M.2 drive which is corrupt. Every time the card is installed and in spite of pressing the Del on startup my PC goes to the M.2 drive and freezes.
I remove the drive and Windows starts normally. I try to set BIOS to start in the drive with windows but on shutting down and re installing the M.2 drive directly to MoBo it starts in the 2 drive and freezes again ! Any suggestions pleas. Thank you

aguatec

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Thank you for the advice. Yes I have tried the boot override and then re install the Plexor ssd but on re booting it goes strait to the Plexor drive. No way to avoid it.

aguatec

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Thank you Colif and others for you advice on my PLexor M.2 SSD. I contacted Plexor (most helpful) and they suggested that I return the drive for a replacement. So that is what i will do.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What motherboard are you using? You must have to change some setting to stop it using the m.2 drive like that, as it seems to bypass the boot order in some way.

I haven't had a lot to do with m.2 but will try to figure out why its doing this. It won't be for a few hours as i have to go out soon, but if you give me motherboard info I see what I can do.