[SOLVED] M.2 e key wifi suggestions

BK80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Howdy folks,

I'm looking for a good M.2 e key wifi card. t's my first pc build in a decade and i'm petty out dated when it comes down to knowing which parts are the best price to performance. I'll be using an Asrock H670 PG Riptide motherboard if that matters. My budget is £30-£50. Just a few suggestions would be great.

Also, is there a big difference in the E key and A key cards? Are there any e key cards that support wifi 6E?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
So I will defer the what is the difference between e and a to someone who know more than me. I know you can run a card with a and e slots in ether a A only or a E only if you want.

What is extremely surprising is the cost of wifi6e cards is the same and sometimes less than wifi6 or within a couple dollars of many 802.11ac (ie wifi5) cards.

What you want is intel AX210. The cards I have seen have both e and a slots. The only concern would be is do you have 2 antenna in your machine for maximum performance this card wants to use 2.
So I will defer the what is the difference between e and a to someone who know more than me. I know you can run a card with a and e slots in ether a A only or a E only if you want.

What is extremely surprising is the cost of wifi6e cards is the same and sometimes less than wifi6 or within a couple dollars of many 802.11ac (ie wifi5) cards.

What you want is intel AX210. The cards I have seen have both e and a slots. The only concern would be is do you have 2 antenna in your machine for maximum performance this card wants to use 2.

Reactions: BK80
Solution

BK80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Thanks for the reply Bill.

The AX210 is the card i was looking at before, seems like the right choice here. I think the pack comes with the 2 antenna included.