[SOLVED] M.2 NGFF M-Key to Desktop PCIe x4 NVMe SSD Adapter Card

Solution
Moving the C contents to a newer larger NVMe does not necessarily require a drive in a PCIe adapter.
There are other methods for this.

But yes, that adapter should work.

ssal

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
Moving the C contents to a newer larger NVMe does not necessarily require a drive in a PCIe adapter.
There are other methods for this.

But yes, that adapter should work.
I guess I can prepare a boot USB then image the C drive to another drive first. Then I would swap in the larger SSD and reboot from the boot USB and restore the image. Right?

I like the idea of having the ability for two nvme though. One of the option is to keep the original nvme, and use the 2nd one on the PCIe for my video project (that requires high speed R/W).

USAFRet

Titan
I guess I can prepare a boot USB then image the C drive to another drive first. Then I would swap in the larger SSD and reboot from the boot USB and restore the image. Right?

I like the idea of having the ability for two nvme though. One of the option is to keep the original nvme, and use the 2nd one on the PCIe for my video project (that requires high speed R/W).
For NVMe -> NVMe migration with only one applicable M.2 port....

Assuming you have another drive with sufficient free space to hold the entirety of your current m.2 drive:

1. Download and install Macrium Reflect
  2. Run that, and create a Rescue CD or USB (you'll use this later). "Other Tasks"
  3. In the Macrium client, create an Image to some other drive. External USB HDD, maybe. Select all partitions. This results in a file of xxxx.mrimage
  4. When done, power OFF.
  5. Swap the 2 drives
  6. Boot up from the Rescue USB you created earlier.
  7. Recover, and tell it where the Image is that you created in step 3, and which drive to apply it to...the new m.2
  8. Go, and wait until it finishes.
  9. That's all...this should work.