Question M.2 NVME SSD writes increasing very fast

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
So the last few weeks my NVMe where Windows and some programs are installed (PNY CS3030 NVME 500GB) has been increasing the total host writes very fast

27 of July crystal disk info showed about 21000GB written and 89% health, today, 01 of august it shows more than 32000gb written and health decreased to 82%

I found an advice to look for i/o writes on task manager and this is the result:

vzM2Wj2.png

Is nvidia the cause of this? I have a laptop with a GTX 1060 and I am using the latest drivers (471.41), I made a clean install of Windows 10 almost a month ago, this wasn't happening before.
I already made sure that nvidia recording is off.

I check crystal disk info and the bytes written keep increasing by just navigating the internet

kanewolf

Titan
So the last few weeks my NVMe where Windows and some programs are installed (PNY CS3030 NVME 500GB) has been increasing the total host writes very fast

27 of July crystal disk info showed about 21000GB written and 89% health, today, 01 of august it shows more than 32000gb written and health decreased to 82%

I found an advice to look for i/o writes on task manager and this is the result:

vzM2Wj2.png

Is nvidia the cause of this? I have a laptop with a GTX 1060 and I am using the latest drivers (471.41), I made a clean install of Windows 10 almost a month ago, this wasn't happening before.
I already made sure that nvidia recording is off.

I check crystal disk info and the bytes written keep increasing by just navigating the internet
Are you using NVIDIA to capture game play to upload ?

le721

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
Are you using NVIDIA to capture game play to upload ?

Yes, sometimes, but I never had this problem before, anyway I just uninstalled the latest drivers and reinstalled an old one (465.89), everything seems normal now. Total host writes stopped increasing every minute like before