[SOLVED] M.2 Recognized by BIOS but not Windows 10

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone, my setup is below. The question is in the title. I've updated drivers and such, not sure why it's not showing up under windows 10.
Motherboard: Aorus B550 Elite
M.2: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
It shows up under Device Manager but not file explorer.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi everyone, my setup is below. The question is in the title. I've updated drivers and such, not sure why it's not showing up under windows 10.
Is it GPT formatted, or is it not the OS drive? I assume that it is not the OS drive since you can't see it in Device Manager. Did you initialize and format it?

RealBeast

Titan
Is it GPT formatted, or is it not the OS drive? I assume that it is not the OS drive since you can't see it in Device Manager. Did you initialize and format it?

Solution

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
It's showing up under device manager. Not under file explorer. How do I see what format is it under? (Sorry for late reply, went to get groceries)

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
I'm sorry, I figured it out. I totally forgot to format the m.2 under disk management, works now. Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate the help.

Reactions: RealBeast