Question M.2 screw hole has no binding

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 6, 2024
hello i’m trying to install a m.2 into a Asus Prime B450M-K i don’t have any standoffs or screws and i’m not sure what ones i would need and i don’t have anything that came with the motherboard, it’s just a little hole with no way a screw can be fitted

quite confused as this is my first time building also

Jul 6, 2024
That motherboard came with a mechanism designed for it. That would be the preferred option.

I suppose one could fabricate a mount with some spare parts. You need a standoff of the approximate height of the original mount, but with a screw shaft long enough to extend through the motherboard to attach to a nut to hold in place.
how would i go about doing this? sounds like a difficult job lol, should i attempt a anchor first?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
how would i go about doing this? sounds like a difficult job lol, should i attempt a anchor first?
You likely don't have a container full of such bits like I and several others have in our possession.

I suggest getting to part via eBay as suggested. It is cheap and will do the job as designed.

If you simply can't wait, find a local PC shop, not a big store or retail shop, to see if they can help.

Jul 6, 2024
You likely don't have a container full of such bits like I and several others have in our possession.

I suggest getting to part via eBay as suggested. It is cheap and will do the job as designed.

If you simply can't wait, find a local PC shop, not a big store or retail shop, to see if they can help.
i’ll try using a anchor when it gets delivered and work out what to do from there, thanks for the help