[SOLVED] M.2 Shows in BIOS but not Device Manager or list disk

Jun 27, 2021
Hey all,
I've got an ADATA SX6000LNP M.2 drive that I've installed into my MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX. It shows up in BIOS with the right size and everything, but it isn't registering in Device Manager, Disk Manager, or when I run a list disk command in windows. I'm fairly certain this could relate to some BIOS settings but I've taken a good look around the internet and I cant find anything, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
You need an m.2 controller driver for an m.2 drive to show up, it's probably one of the drivers from the msi website if windows doesn't find it automatically.
If you can change the m.2 mode in bios from pci to sata it might be easier for setup but you might also lose some performance.
You need an m.2 controller driver for an m.2 drive to show up, it's probably one of the drivers from the msi website if windows doesn't find it automatically.
If you can change the m.2 mode in bios from pci to sata it might be easier for setup but you might also lose some performance.

Reactions: BigBolin
Solution
Jun 27, 2021
I've gotten every driver and update from my motherboard support section (now including optional software) and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my storage controller drivers and still no luck. ADATA only has a frankly useless installation guide in their downloads section so nothing there. It shows in BIOS and its the SATA 5/6 ports are disabled like its supposed to when an M.2 is installed.
Where I think my issue lies is I cant find any settings involving M.2 or NVMe in my BIOS at all, including the PCI E x4_3 setting that google has said could fix the issue. Only PCI E1 lane configuration which I know is related to the expansion slots, but I even tried switching that from auto to all 3 of the choices and no dice.

Jun 27, 2021
Just wanted to update with more stuff I've tried in the mean time. It doesn't show up in CrystalDiskInfo and the fix suggested in other threads involving disabling the "AMD-RAID Bottom Device" storage controller didn't work either. I'm fed up with this for today, maybe I'll try some more after work tomorrow.