[SOLVED] M.2 shows up in windows installer but not in BIOS or diskpart

Axelstromo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2015
I bought a used FireCuda 520 1tb M.2 a couple of days ago to upgrade from my current M.2. My motherboard only have 1 M.2 slot, so I need to reinstall windows. The problem is that the drive shows up as a 931GB partition in the installer, but complains that it uses an MBR partion table. I tried to format it with diskpart, but the drive doesn't show up at all. I checked in the BIOS and its missing there aswell. How is possible for the windows installer to recognize it, but diskpart and BIOS doesn't?
wIZGi2Q.jpg

The old drive (Samsung 960 EVO 512gb) shows up fine and boots windows as normal.

I am running an experimental BIOS in order to run a ryzen 5600x in a b350 motherboard, but considering that my other M.2 drive is working, shouldn't it work with this one aswell?

PC specs:
Mobo: AsRock ab350 itx
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Zotac Rtx 2060
PSU: EVGA 650w

I literally tilted my head at this one lol

The only thing i can think of is since you are using a beta bios to make the 5600 work and the samsung is a PCIe 3 and the FireCude is a PCIe 4 that it could be making it not appear properly? In this day and age its always good to have a M.2 to USB adapter (They make ones that support both SATA and NVME M.2) so that you could clone from one to the other, but that is my old guess. Does your BIOS have an kind of options of setting PCIe to Gen 3 vs Gen 4? maybe try that?

Axelstromo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2015
The only options for PCIe in the bios is gen 1,2,3 and auto. Neither 3 or auto does anything,

When I try to delete the partitions I get error 0x800701b1.

0x80070057 if I try to format them.