[SOLVED] M.2 SSD is not recognized by BIOS - B450 AORUS M

Feb 5, 2019
I am getting desperate with my brand new setup.

MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250Gb (M.2 under the GPU)
HDD: Seagate Barracude 2T (SATA)

I got my PC built by seller. It came with windows on SSD, working fine, but with HDD not detected in Win nor in BIOS. Then I started messing arround, but nothing worked. The only way to see HDD was the situation, when I unplugged SSD. But when I plugged SSD back, it was not showing up. They just switch roles.

And now I can not see SSD no matter what I am doing.

BIOS is flashed and actual, I tried all kinds of restarts, setting changes, secure boot keys removing, battery unplugging, HDD unplugging and more...

But stil I have no chance to see SSD. I installed windows on HDD to somehow try solve it from runnning instance, but still without results.

What do you think tabout it? Is there a chance that it's still about some kind of settings? I dont think I can damage ssd by a few gentle unmounts.

Thank you very much for any help.

Solution
Fixed. Unplug everything, eject motherboard battery, wait 30 sec, put it back, connect only SSD, boot into BIOS, set Optimized default profile, reboot and disk was visible. HDD must me plugged to SATA connector, not ASATA! ASATA's share bandwidth with PCIex4 SSD NVm.

Lutfij

Titan
Which port is the HDD connected to? Try and relocate the HDD's SATA connector to another port. Also, you should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which BIOS version are you on?

Moved thread from Motherboards to Systems.

Feb 5, 2019

Lutfij:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
MB: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
RAM: HyperX 16 Kit Predator 3200
SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250Gb (M.2 under the GPU)
HDD: Seagate Barracude 2T (SATA port 1)
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2700
Source: EVGA 550 B3
Bios version: F5 (2019/01/25)

HDD is not a problem.. I can unplug it. Still M.2 SSD is not showing.

Feb 5, 2019
Fixed. Unplug everything, eject motherboard battery, wait 30 sec, put it back, connect only SSD, boot into BIOS, set Optimized default profile, reboot and disk was visible. HDD must me plugged to SATA connector, not ASATA! ASATA's share bandwidth with PCIex4 SSD NVm.

Solution