[SOLVED] m.2 SSD not being read by windows or BIOS

Dec 15, 2020
This is my first build and also my first post here on tom's hardware. I built the PC on Sunday, downloaded windows 10 to a flash drive and started installing it. Everything was fine, on-screen and with the actual PC itself until I got to the page which asked me to select a drive to install windows onto; no drive is showing up on that page-I have checked multiple times. I've also checked on the BIOS to see if it reads the drive-nothing there either. I've been looking for a solution and have also resorted to ordering a replacement, which ended in the same result. My specs are listed below-any help is appreciated.

CPU-Ryzen 5 2600
GPU-Asus RX580 8GB OC
SSD-WD Blue 500GB M.2
RAM-LPX 16GB 3000Mhz
Motherboard-ASrock B450 Pro4

Solution
Which model WD Blue 500GB M.2 ?
Which M.2 slot did you install the drive into?

Upper M.2 slot supports nvme M.2 drives only. Lower M.2 slot supports sata and nvme M.2 drives.

So - you probably have sata M.2 drive installed in upper M.2 slot. Right? That is not going to work.
Which model WD Blue 500GB M.2 ?
Which M.2 slot did you install the drive into?

Upper M.2 slot supports nvme M.2 drives only. Lower M.2 slot supports sata and nvme M.2 drives.

So - you probably have sata M.2 drive installed in upper M.2 slot. Right? That is not going to work.

Solution
Dec 15, 2020
Thank you for the reply, I realised this 5 minutes after I submitted this post, I did have it in the wrong slot, just stupidness from myself really. Thanks again for the reply.

TRENDING THREADS