[SOLVED] M.2 SSD sata behaving weirdly.

Jun 29, 2020
So, i have msi gl63 8rc. It had a 1 TB HDD as a default with an empty m.2 slot.
Couple days back i bought Crucial MX500 m.2 SATA SSD(500gb) to install it in my laptop.
Up until this point the ssd was detected in BIOS and i was able to change the boot sequence.
So i tried cloning it with different softwares each of them resulted in the error 0xc0000225. I tried the cmd methods to fix it but that didn't work.

So finally i did a full reset of the windows installed on my hdd(along with data reset) and after that made a bootable usb with which i installed the windows to my SSD drive after initialising it there and fully resetting the hdd so that windows doesn't boot windows from there.

So now the windows has successfully booted on SSD but I'm facing this super weird problem that windows is fully detecting the ssd hdd but in BIOS i can only see the hdd. Windows works perfectly but when i try to boot after a shutdown, first it gives a somewhat similar error i got before, that the drive is not detected or connected.

And i can only boot windows if first i go to bios then just close it without changing anything, it automatically boots fine. But i have to do this everytime i start my laptop.
I just want to install the windows onto my SSD and use the hdd as storage.
I tried everything since last two days. Please any help is appreciated.
I told everything i remember, if you want to know anything else to understand the issue better please ask.
Thanks.

Btw I have updated my bios, still everytime i boot my laptop i have to select my hdd(even though windows is installed in ssd) at the start from boot options (after pressing f11). And another thing, ssd is there in the sata information section in BIOS, only in the boot sequence menu i can't find it only the hdd appears.

Solution
This appears to be a case of the OS install on the SSD, while the HDD was still connected?
In which case, the boot partition often ends up on the second drive...the HDD in this case.

Since this is a brand new install, I would just redo it.

USAFRet

Titan
Redo the install on the SSD.
This time, have ONLY the SSD connected.

Reactions: Kartike
Jun 29, 2020
Redo the install on the SSD.
This time, have ONLY the SSD connected.

I have been told this could be caused by some BCD command, and i remember doing this when they ng to fix the clone. Is there any way i could revert that?

USAFRet

Titan
This appears to be a case of the OS install on the SSD, while the HDD was still connected?
In which case, the boot partition often ends up on the second drive...the HDD in this case.

Since this is a brand new install, I would just redo it.

Solution