[SOLVED] M.2 SSD windows 10 clean install partition

sharpshooterr05

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi!

Alright, simple question but still couldnt find any clear awnser on google...

So I know how to clean install windows... But I want to use the best method which im gonna get the best performance on my SSD.

At the part where it says: where do you want to install windows...

I deleted my SSD to get the unallocated space! Which should I do... select it and click Next? Or select it and click New to create partition?

Why is one better than the other? If I choose New, what number should I enter in MB?

Thanks and im waiting for an explanation to why one is better than the other!

Btw, Im planning to install windows on my m.2 samsung 960 evo 250gb

Solution
Be 100% sure you have ONLY the desired drive connected.

Then, use the entire space of the 960 EVO. All 250GB.
Let Windows create whatever it needs.

Hi!

Alright, simple question but still couldnt find any clear awnser on google...

So I know how to clean install windows... But I want to use the best method which im gonna get the best performance on my SSD.

At the part where it says: where do you want to install windows...

I deleted my SSD to get the unallocated space! Which should I do... select it and click Next? Or select it and click New to create partition?

Why is one better than the other? If I choose New, what number should I enter in MB?

Thanks and im waiting for an explanation to why one is better than the other!

Btw, Im planning to install windows on my m.2 samsung 960 evo 250gb
I would just click next so that the entire drive is used for the OS. While there are some times where having 2 partitions on a drive are useful, this wouldn't be one of them.

USAFRet

Titan
Be 100% sure you have ONLY the desired drive connected.

Then, use the entire space of the 960 EVO. All 250GB.
Let Windows create whatever it needs.

Solution

sharpshooterr05

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Yes I will,

I'll have my 2 SSD connected to delete both SSD completly... then turn off pcc and disconnect my secondary SSD. To have only the m.2 where I will install windows connected...

But just clicking next, will I still be able to install programs in that drive?

And why almost every tutorial they click New and add 100gb of partition? How is one better than the other?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes I will,

I'll have my 2 SSD connected to delete both SSD completly... then turn off pcc and disconnect my secondary SSD. To have only the m.2 where I will install windows connected...

And why almost every tutorial they click New and add 100gb of partition? How is one better than the other?
Yes, you will be able to install applications on that drive.

Lots of "tutorials" are misguided, or repeating years old concepts, or simply wrong.

There can be a benefit to have a dedicated partition for "Windows". However, a 100GB partition for the OS is TooSmall.
A 250GB drive should use that entire space.

Yes I will,

You will still be able to add programs to the drive. In this case all 240GB will be used to create your C: drive. What those tutorials are doing is splitting the drive up into an OS partition and applications partition. Problem with doing that with a small drive is that you will run into problems later on due to the small size of the partitions.

sharpshooterr05

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Alright, so for the best performance, I should just click next?

Thats what I planned to do, but those damn tutorial had me thinking if it was the best solution for performance...