Question m.2_1 stopped working after installing SSD

Jun 25, 2024
Hi guys I need help with my motherboard.

Specs
msi b550 gaming plus
TEAMGROUP MP33 256GB for my OS

I decided to plugin my old SSD (860 EVO SATA 2.5" SSD) for extra storage and plugged it on SATA

Tried to boot up my computer it went straight to BIOS as the boot device is not detected. Upon checking, only the samsung ssd shows up.

I removed the ssd and still the same. What I did next is to transfer the nvme ssd to the M.2_2 slot and it worked.
I want to have it working back on the Main slot.

Things done so far
-updated bios to latest version
-cmos batt

Thanks in advanced.

Jun 25, 2024
Generally are shared PCIe lanes between SATA and M.2 ports. Move your SATA drive to a different port, should take care of it.
I decided to not install my samsung ssd and now my M.2_1 slot does not work
I think it messed up some settings in my bios which I know nothing about

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Manual actually mentions no connection between the M_1 and anything else. M_2 disables a PCIe slot when in use is the only conflict mentioned.

Also doesn't go into much detail about the BIOS in the manual, which seems to be typical these days.

It is possible you damaged the m.2 slot during removal and insertion? That is about the only explanation I can think of.

This is a generic guide that should get you to the right place in the BIOS at least.

As they mentioned AHCI vs NVMe mode, that might be worth a look. Though I would have expected that under the SATA config for IDE vs ACHI...

https://www.partitionwizard.com/news/how-to-enable-m-2-in-bios.html

Jun 25, 2024
Manual actually mentions no connection between the M_1 and anything else. M_2 disables a PCIe slot when in use is the only conflict mentioned.

Also doesn't go into much detail about the BIOS in the manual, which seems to be typical these days.

It is possible you damaged the m.2 slot during removal and insertion? That is about the only explanation I can think of.

This is a generic guide that should get you to the right place in the BIOS at least.

As they mentioned AHCI vs NVMe mode, that might be worth a look. Though I would have expected that under the SATA config for IDE vs ACHI...

https://www.partitionwizard.com/news/how-to-enable-m-2-in-bios.html
im not sure if I damaged it. It suddenly stopped working then I just reseat it first. Then moved it to the m2 slot at the bottom whic works.

I followed the link and also watched yt videos. Still my m2 does not show up in bios. 😔

I might as well return this instead. It is been 3 weeks since I got this board